Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seat question on 744 - please...leaving tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2004, 9:29 am
askworldtraveler

seat question on 744 - please...leaving tomorrow.

One more question please....Seats...I've gone to the AF web site, seat guru and seat expert, and can't seem to find an AF seat map - 744 from LAX to CDG my friends have 61A/B how good/bad/ugly are they...and if they can change...what would be better. Once again many thanks...hope to return the favor!

------------------
Dance as if no one's watching, Sing as if no one's listening and live live everyday as if it were your last

Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:35 pm

Askworldtraveller:

I just came back from an LAX-CDG-MAD return in first. I ventured up to the upper deck business class. The best seats by far are seats 65 A-B which are right behind the upper exit door. There is sooo much room in front. I spoke with the people in the seat and they said that they always request these seats but that has to be done at the airport as AF holds these seats for "airport control" (Can other FTyers confirm this policy?)I believe that 60A-B is the bulkhead which is nice because you don't have anybody reclining in front of you. The upper deck was far more quiet than the business class on the main deck. All in all the upper deck is the way to go. Tell your friends to be prepared for a delay. Since the "AF terror alert" Fight 69 has been averaging 1.5 to 2.5 hours late. If they are making a connection in CDG it would be best to call AF and have them rebook to later flights before they get to the airport. AF will do this with no penalty due to the unusual circumstances. Just check the time Flight 68 is due to arrive from CDG. This also goes for flights 70-71 if they are booked on those as well.
The service was fantastic in First and the people that I spoke with in Business said their service was very good as well.

Bon Voyage

I just checked the seat availability on the ITN booking tool and all the seats in the upper deck are assigned and only a few singles on the main deck are free.

(edited to add this information)
Edited to add information

[This message has been edited by upgrade lover (edited Jan 12, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.