Wiki Posts
Search

CDG - SFO Tempo on 747-400

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2003, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
CDG - SFO Tempo on 747-400

Has anyone done this trip on one of AF's 747-400 ?

Can anyone tell what sort of service can be expected, have they fitted individual TV's etc...

Thanks for your help
Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:07 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
The 747-400 doesn't have the personal TV screen in Tempo (economy).
I'm not a big fan of any 747 in econmy class, and will try to avoid it. Last summer we flew this route, but I made sure we went on business class. We enjoyed the upstairs.
I like all AF's B777 and A340/A330 since they have the personal TV screens. It makes the trip go by much quicker.
Consider going via ATL, CVG or JFK, so you can take one of the new aircrafts over the Atlantic. The bad news is that you have to travel on the new "improved" service on Delta on the US segment.

It looks like AF is now using the B747 on the big tourist routes like SFO (in the summer), Miami and LA.
I don't know what the future holds for this aircraft? Will it be retired as the A380 arrives? Will the 747 fleet be updates with new seats and entertainments system?
Old Jul 14, 2003, 8:55 pm

Programs: Air France FP. A rave ato'a ia'u te manureva. Haere maru!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GrapeDane:
I don't know what the future holds for this aircraft? Will it be retired as the A380 arrives? Will the 747 fleet be updates with new seats and entertainments system?</font>
I believe Air France just took delivery of two brand new 747-400's with the new seats and PTV's. I think those are the only 744's in the fleet with them. I thought I had read they were going to be on the CDG-LAX-PPT flights (3x week) although I'm not sure. Im such a 747 lover that I will always choose that aircraft over anything else regardless of PTV's.

new cabin of 744
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/355532/M/

old cabin of 744
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/273192/M/
Old Jul 26, 2003, 3:19 pm

BUNGUS, depuis quand tu ne voyages plus en Concorde ?????? Concorde BA to JFK et AA flight to SFO ! C pourtant simple non !
Old Jul 27, 2003, 4:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Axi22:
I believe Air France just took delivery of two brand new 747-400's with the new seats and PTV's. I think those are the only 744's in the fleet with them. I thought I had read they were going to be on the CDG-LAX-PPT flights (3x week) although I'm not sure. Im such a 747 lover that I will always choose that aircraft over anything else regardless of PTV's.

new cabin of 744
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/355532/M/

old cabin of 744
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/273192/M/
</font>
I had one of these brand new 747-400s between CDG and JFK last week. Although I was up front, I did go back to check whether there were PTVs, and it was the case. I agree with Grapedane that, in coach, it is more pleasant to have a smaller plane (777, 340 or 330).

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited 07-28-2003).]
Old Jul 27, 2003, 1:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
hey bungus,

when are you flying?
I might (probably) will be stuck in steerage, except if Air France is nice and gives me an Op Upg. but I doubt it... L'espace Affaire is almost full for my flight on Wednesday! Grrr, and no personal tv screen... God that's going to HURT! I don't mind so much on the 777 but those ouch...

Leo
Old Jul 27, 2003, 1:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by synd:
hey bungus,

when are you flying?
I might (probably) will be stuck in steerage, except if Air France is nice and gives me an Op Upg. but I doubt it... L'espace Affaire is almost full for my flight on Wednesday! Grrr, and no personal tv screen... That's going to HURT! I don't mind so much on the 777 but those ouch...

Oops I thought you were doing SFO-CDG (that's what i am flying wednesday), and not CDG-SFO...

Leo
</font>
Old Jul 27, 2003, 1:47 pm

I'm doing cdg-sfo #84 on Thursday in F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.