Wiki Posts
Search

AF Concorde last flight

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
AF Concorde last flight

When will AF Concorde last flight be landing at CDG?

Will there be a farewell "anything" at the airport on its last landing or will the event be left totally un-noticed?

So terribly sad to see it going... I hate all those who have made the decision to have it stop flying. Why?
Old May 27, 2003, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Extremely sad, I won't have time to fly ever on an AF Concorde, and I don't have time to go see it a last time this week as I am leaving for Athens.

Some information about this horrible countdown to the final ever to take place Air France Concorde flight on June 27th

www.concordesst.com/latestnews.html

I cannot believe this is happening
Old May 28, 2003, 9:50 am
Original Poster

I hate to see it go... thinking about it makes me sick... Such an extraordinary adventure coming to an end... Why?

CONCORDE, WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

We want to see you fly until the year 2020!!!

http://acsst.free.fr/concorde/

Thinkinf that so much money in France is being wasted on things totally useless... Not talking about political corruption...

Mr Jacques Chirac, could you do something to keep it flying? You are the only person who has the power to do so.

If you don't, I will hate you for the rest of my life!!!!
Old May 28, 2003, 10:14 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This is really the end. There will be no reprieve. AF officially confirms that it will donate 4 of its 5 Concordes to museums and that the last one will be displayed at CDG.

The donated Concordes will be ferried before the end of June 2003.

This is a nightmare.
Old May 29, 2003, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Edited because the above link answered my question.

[This message has been edited by dctorres (edited 05-29-2003).]
Old May 30, 2003, 12:40 am
Original Poster

20.000 or more people are expected at CDG airport to view the final Concorde landings tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon.

There will be two Concorde landing at roughly the same time, one is a charter flight and the other one will be the regular flight arriving from JFK.

If any of you intend to be there, make sure you don't go where everybody else goes!

It will be a big -and rather sad- event.

I hate to think that the most beautiful of all airplanes will be viewed in "air museums" like animals in a zoo...
Old May 30, 2003, 2:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CDG1:
20.000 or more people are expected at CDG airport to view the final Concorde landings tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon.

There will be two Concorde landing at roughly the same time, one is a charter flight and the other one will be the regular flight arriving from JFK.

If any of you intend to be there, make sure you don't go where everybody else goes!

It will be a big -and rather sad- event.

I hate to think that the most beautiful of all airplanes will be viewed in "air museums" like animals in a zoo...
</font>
is there a takeoff at 10h30 as usual? i thought there wasn't on saturdays, but perhaps this one there is?
Old May 30, 2003, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Last scheduled flight to JFK left CDG this morning (Friday) at 10.30 am Paris time.

There will be a take off tomorrow Saturday at 3.35 pm, last chartered flight going from CDG to CDG making a "supersonic buckle" over the Atlantic and back, scheduled to arrive at 5.15 pm. The flight from JFK should land at 5.45 pm, although there are rumors saying that the two Concorde could be landing at the same time.

Old May 30, 2003, 5:14 am

Here is a news link regarding the last flight.

Truly sad.
Old May 30, 2003, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I am not trusting any news sources in the US to say anything good about Concorde, and/or provide proper information about the aircraft or the flights.

None of the US carriers (except Braniff) ever wanted to buy or even fly the supersonic transport carrier.

They made a lot of problems to allow Concorde to fly to JFK. They had it fly to Washington Dulles instead, and there were even attempts to ban Concorde from flying to anywhere on the US territory.

The US never supported Concorde. If it was only for the US, all of the Concorde planes would have disappeared from the skies a long time ago and very few of us would have had the wonderful experience of flying at twice the speed of sound.

Thank you AF and BA for continuing to fly the Concorde until now!

Tomorrow will be a day of great sadness seeing the last two regular AF Concorde flights landing.

Dies irae

:-(

[This message has been edited by CDG1 (edited 05-30-2003).]
Old May 30, 2003, 3:10 pm

Dear CDG1,

I hope you savor every single moment of this great, although horriblly sad day, that you share it with all the people who are coming to CDG, and that you keep long lasting, fond memories of this marvellous sight, an AF Concorde in the air.
Old May 30, 2003, 7:53 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Can anyone suggest a good spotting point for pics in the AM at JFK?
Old May 31, 2003, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
Il n'y aura jamais des autres comme elle.
Jusqu'à ce que nous nous réunissions encore, Madame Concorde.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 1:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Did anyone go to CDG yesterday to see the final landing?

It was pretty thinly reported in the UK press, and it didn't look like there were any special celebrations.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Here are some memorable photos:

AF 002 last scheduled service to JFK

AF 001 final takeoff from JFK

[This message has been edited by LondonElite (edited 06-01-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.