Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An another bagage lost in CDG by QFg

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2002, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
An another bagage lost in CDG by QFg

Seeing his lugage ready to be put in the plane, my american colleague, coming from Germany, and taking the AF flight on which he was on stand by - the ticket was issued on Lufthansa - was prettu sure to get it with him in Paris.

Two days after; which emand 48 heours after arriving time, the lugage, a big one is netiher delivered nor located.

The pretty good service of AF consists in answering the questions every 6 hours or so, becuase he need to call back and back again. that the only advice from the airline company.

We went to the department store to buy him shirts, trousers, contact lenses fluids, and so on, but he knows that he will be also in trouble to be reimbursed.

Two days with the same clothes, nothing given for emergency needs - no toothpaste, soap, nothing -, thanks a lot to AF !
Old Aug 24, 2002, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
The title was : lost by Air France.

Sorry my laptop uses the us keyword in the french version. It is sometimes difficult to find the right letter !
Old Aug 25, 2002, 12:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Felis,

I know this feeling only too well, and the attitude has always been uniquely French: "Cen'est pas mon probleme". :-(

Unfortunately, when the day comes that I opt to stop flying AF and fly British Airways or Lufthansa for my trans-atlantic flights, it will be there "probleme".

I hope your colleague is holding on his receipts. You can probably get them to reimburse "les premiers besoins".

The last time this happened to me (June), it took them 5 days to find my luggage in CDG. No one at baggage services wanted to go downstairs to look for it because there is a lot of luggage there.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 1:13 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dctorres:
....I hope your colleague is holding on his receipts. You can probably get them to reimburse "les premiers besoins"...</font>
Sure he did save the receipts, and want to be reimbursed. That is obvious.

I'll help him even to complain when he will be back in USA

Thanks, Felis

Old Aug 25, 2002, 5:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
Sure he did save the receipts, and want to be reimbursed. That is obvious.

I'll help him even to complain when he will be back in USA

Thanks, Felis

</font>
Also, if he uses Diners Club or Amex, they may reimburse him for expenses used with their card.
Old Aug 30, 2002, 11:11 am
Original Poster

My colleague finally got his lugage 4 days after he landed.
In other words, it was one day before leaving Paris.

The bag was delivered to the hotel during the night. No information, nothing.

He just has to be reimbursed for the 100 dollars bill that he has, as he bought two shirts, a pair of pants, socks, ....

Old Aug 31, 2002, 1:17 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
My colleague finally got his lugage 4 days after he landed.
In other words, it was one day before leaving Paris.

The bag was delivered to the hotel during the night. No information, nothing.

He just has to be reimbursed for the 100 dollars bill that he has, as he bought two shirts, a pair of pants, socks, ....

</font>
Was it the wonderful ARC Transports that delivered it?

These clowns mis-tagged my luggage so they had no record of having it. They told me that they lost my stroller and delivered it to Issy-les-Moulineaux (I live near Saint-Germain-en-Laye). The only reason I got it back was because the gentleman who received it called me up.

When they did fine it, ARC yelled at me for not being cooperative because I wasn't willing to take a half-day from work to wait for the delivery (They wouldn't deliver to the work address and I didn't want them to leave it outside my building or with the concierge).

I spoke with Air France agents who told me that they have complained in the past about this company, but that management doesn't listen. Others have told me that it was between me and them, not Air France's problem.

It seems to me that if you hire a third-party to work for you (like AF does in this case), you are responsable for the quality of their work. If it is not good, you should cease to work with them.

Felis, good luck for your friend getting reimbursed. Keep us posted!
Old Sep 1, 2002, 6:02 am
Original Poster

No way to know.

The luggage arrived in the night, and no letter, nothing accompanied it.

So, in other words, my colleague has even no proove of the date at which it was delivered.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By the way, spending one hour at the Champs-Elysées Delta and Air France store, I heard people complaining about bagages non delivered in time.
Even a girl arriving from Russia got it just in time before she was nearly leaving back home.
She spent some hours in Champs-Elysées strore for complaining.

I heard the Air France manager saying :
Oh, you know, I am personnaly not responsible for that, I just can tell you that there are so many complains, you are not the only one.
For instance, you are the third today, and it is not easy for me.

And she added that there were strikes in several airports in Europe, and so ans so....

In other words for me; Air France does nor really care.

[This message has been edited by felis (edited 09-01-2002).]
Old Sep 1, 2002, 7:54 am
In Memoriam

No way to know.

The luggage arrived in the night, and no letter, nothing accompanied it.

So, in other words, my colleague has even no proove of the date at which it was delivered.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By the way, spending one hour at the Champs-Elysées Delta and Air France store, I heard people complaining about bagages non delivered in time.
Even a girl arriving from Russia got it just in time before she was nearly leaving back home.
She spent some hours in Champs-Elysées strore for complaining.

I heard the Air France manager saying :
Oh, you know, I am personnaly not responsible for that, I just can tell you that there are so many complains, you are not the only one.
For instance, you are the third today, and it is not easy for me.

And she added that there were strikes in several airports in Europe, and so ans so....

In other words for me; Air France does nor really care.

[This message has been edited by felis (edited 09-01-2002).]
</font>
If I thought petitions would work in France, I would suggest starting one to get rid of ARC Transports.

They do not do their work well, and Air France seems more than willing to tolerate it. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.