Search

CDG - TLV L'Espace Affaires

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2001, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
CDG - TLV L'Espace Affaires

Can someone please advise me as to what I might expect on this route on an A320 in Business?
Old Nov 3, 2001, 10:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
Can someone please advise me as to what I might expect on this route on an A320 in Business?</font>
This route is part of AF's medium-haul network. In short, you will have European style business class for this 4h40 flight. Nothing special about it.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And what is the seat pitch?
Old Nov 3, 2001, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The exact same as Y and C on all other 320's.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
The exact same as Y and C on all other 320's.</font>
And that would be????

Are Y pitch and C pitch the same as one another as well?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
zrs70, Looks like on th A320 for this type of route it's a 3x3 configuration in both cabins (L'Espace - Business and Tempo - Economy).

The business class is often separated by a movable curtain. The seats are the same. In L'Espace, the middle seats should be left empty. It look like pitch is between 32-34".

You will have a nicer meal service than in Y and you will get off the plane first. That's about it.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More like 30-32" not 32-34". Definately not.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I take it no amentiy kits?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:44 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
Thanks for the info. I take it no amentiy kits?</font>
From the comments of others, it appears that AF are treating this the same as an intra-European flight. I see that you're from LA, so please don't take this as patronizing, but just in case you've never flown an intra-european flight in C, let me tell you, there is NOTHING to get excited about.

Imagine a Southwest Airlines flight but with assigned seating and a more full (but not necessarily better) service (oh, and nicer planes in some cases) and you about have it. On most intra-europe flights, there isn't a first class section with greater pitch and larger seats as in the US. Nor are there pitch differences and seat width differences between C and Y class.

In C you will not have a middle seat occupant whereas in Y you probably will. Other than that there's a better (subjective) meal and the FA's MIGHT be nicer (sure as hell weren't on Lufthansa). Oh yeah, DEFINITELY no amenity kit, but if you're lucky you'll get a newspaper.

If you're going to shell out for a C ticket ($1257 on AF with random dates assuming 7 day stay and a sat stayover) why not go to ORY instead and fly ElAl? You'll at least have a 767 that should have true Business Class seating and will have better security. It's a bit more expensive ($1500) but at least you're getting something for the money. Alternatively if you truly want to be pampered, I'd connect to LHR and go BA to TLV in First. Keep in mind that this isn't a terribly long flight and unless you are well and truly spoiled, Y might be tolerable.

[This message has been edited by kanebear (edited 11-04-2001).]
Old Nov 4, 2001, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Kanebear:

Thanks for the info. I have flown just about every airline within Europe and between Europe and Israel. (My favorite intra-Europe, by the way, is SQ's 35 minute flight from AMS to MAN on a 747-400.) Some do the Europe- Israel route with three class service, others with two. I have experienced everthing from full intercontinental service to intra-European style. Last time I did the route (on SR), C class was on par with transatlantic C.

My ticket is part of a much larger routing, and the fare difference between Y and C on this one leg is only about $90. The only hastle is getting the ticket re-issued.

Your suggestion re: El Al is good, except that I am staying for business at a CDG airport hotel, so that won't work out. But thanks for the suggestion.

Old Nov 4, 2001, 3:10 pm

Kanebear:

Thanks for the info. I have flown just about every airline within Europe and between Europe and Israel
</font>
...which means I probably would've been better served to not say anything in the first place. Gotta learn to keep my mouth (fingers) quiet. What can I say, on occasion, they move faster than the brain.

Old Nov 6, 2001, 5:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Well, although I have little to contribute, I thought I'd drop by and see who was at home.

Bonne Nuit Les Petits

Mlle Nounours
Old Nov 6, 2001, 7:01 am

Madam, are you ill? That's the quietest I've ever seen you.
Old May 20, 2005, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
CDG - TLV L'Espace Affaires: What to Expect

I am flying AF1620 in Business class, CDG-TLV on May 27th and back again on June 1, and I would like to know what to expect. Is it simply the same as intra-European business class -- the middle seat blocked, otherwise the same as coach seats? What about service/meals?

Thanks much,

Casimir

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.