Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is L'espace 127

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2000, 8:00 am
Original Poster

How is L'espace 127

I have only flown on AF on intra European routes. I am assuming that l'espace 180 is F class, l'espace 127 is C class and tempo = Y class. How is the C class on their 767 planes compared to that of SR or LH. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 21, 2000, 8:26 am

The product is not quite as good and the service is... well its Air France, a by-word for shabby service.

The seats are Ok, but nothing special. The food is admired by some, but for your more experienced traveller it is nothing special, and the wine selection - which used to be excellent - is now no better than average.

Look back over these threads and you will get the idea...

Premium is not something AF does well, I'm affraid. I can't remember the last time they did wel in any reputable survey etc.

On the plus side, they have improved there Frequent Flyer Program this year!

They also have L'Espace Le Club and Alize Class on some routes to the Carribean and Indian Ocean.

Nick
Old Aug 21, 2000, 2:30 pm
Original Member

I have to correct Merry just a bit--they have their C class on 767s as 2-1-2 which is better than DL's 2-2-2. I'm a little wide in the seat and I prefer the width to the extra pitch. I was very pleased on a trip ORD-CDG in April.

jl
Old Aug 21, 2000, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Since January, I have flown the following transoceanic legs in business class:
SR -- 4 trips (all SFO-ZRH)
DL -- 6 trips (various)
AF -- 2 trips. (all CDG-SFO)

By far, I thought AF was the best. It had not been so in previous years.

Food was outstanding. I can't comment on the wine, since I don't drink much wine when flying (it gives me a headache).
Old Aug 27, 2000, 6:49 pm

From what I've read, AF has just changed their L'espace 127 seat - the recline is now 150° vs. 127°. Also, I know they intend to change their products'name : "L'Espace Premiere" and "L'Espace Affaires" vs. "L'Espace 180" and "L'Espace 127".
I flew L'Espace 180 this month (Paris-Tokyo-Noumea) for vacations, a 22-hr flight, the bed in First was OK (row 1 is too small because it is in the nose of the plane, row 3 is noisy because of the galley, so I would recommend row 2), but I was most disappointed by the service - I like flying Air France, but paying US$7000 for a return ticket in First Class and getting EXACTLY the same food as in Business Class, aaaaaaaargh... (I looked at both menus and apart from one entree they were exactly the same).
Anyway, I'm still a big fan of AF because most of their FAs have a unique "Touch of Class".... And New Caledonia was nice !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.