Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Tray Table on E190

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Missing Tray Table on E190

Wasn't there at all, just just broken. Couldn't eat as a result. No empty seat in J for me to move to. Could I get any kind of compensation for this do you reckon? Was a pretty short flight but a meal is the only perk of J on it...
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:37 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
If you were in J, always try....you paid a premium to be in J, apparently not even a free seat next to you, so the only thing is a bit more space similar to Economy comfort and indeed, the better meal. They may give some goodwill compensation like miles.
maalloc likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It’s surprising that the seat was not declared inoperable before the flight.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It’s surprising that the seat was not declared inoperable before the flight.
Could be that it was decided a seat with no tray was preferable to IDBing pax.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by atflyer
If you were in J, always try....you paid a premium to be in J, apparently not even a free seat next to you, so the only thing is a bit more space similar to Economy comfort and indeed, the better meal. They may give some goodwill compensation like miles.
AF does not have differences in seat pitch on its narrowbodies between Y and J. Indeed, on the regional jets, it is just the meal and that moveable curtain that separates the two classes on the regional jets.

The regional jets get shuffled between metropôle services between régions (no J at all) and the intra-Europe or CDG-flights with J.
atflyer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Could be that it was decided a seat with no tray was preferable to IDBing pax.
possibly, but in J that seems surprising to me.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Got offered 18000 miles for it.
AnaTFN and atflyer like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:21 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Mordac
Got offered 18000 miles for it.
Fair.
Mordac likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:06 pm

If wisely spent, the equivalent of 180 Euro. I also would say that is fair. Good you flagged the issue, and that they responded like this.
Mordac likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:08 pm

PS and for AF cheaper as IDB, since that would have costed them EU compensation plus duty of care plus a seat occupied on a next flight they could not sell anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.