Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Flying BOS-CDG, with train leg to Lyon. Can I skip the CDG-Lyon train leg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

I am thinking of purchasing an AF air-rail ticket from BOS to CDG, with a train leg on to Lyon. I want to have a two-day layover in Paris before heading on to Lyon. Is it possible to skip the train leg of the trip without being penalized in some way? I would only be skipping the leg from CDG to Lyon. I intend to travel to Lyon, but would buy a later train ticket, so I would be traveling my full Lyon-CDG-BOS return itinerary as intended. It is significantly less expensive to purchase the round trip to Lyon, vs purchasing a round trip flight into Paris and then purchasing a round trip train ticket to Lyon separately. Wondering if anyone on this forum has tried skipping the rail leg of an AF air-rail itinerary that included a CDG-Lyon rail trip. If I were to pick up the ticket but not board the train, would AF have any way of knowing? Do they scan all train tickets on board the train these days? Do they check somehow when exiting the train at the final destination? Any help with this is much appreciated!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Have you tried pricing in a stopover (multi-stop BOS-CDG, PAR/CDG-LYS, LYS-BOS)?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Have you tried pricing in a stopover (multi-stop BOS-CDG, PAR/CDG-LYS, LYS-BOS)?
Yes, price for stopover was prohibitively expensive, 3x the BOS-LYS air-rail return itinerary.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I priced that out, and price for stopover was prohibitively expensive, 3x the BOS-LYS air-rail return itinerary.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Skipping a train segment
anniegray and Kc1fyt like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you also tried pricing it as an open-jaw (BOS-CDG outward and LYS-BOS inward)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.