Search

Air France onboard champagne

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Air France onboard champagne

Hey guys,

Hope you're all good. Does anyone know what champagne AF currently serve onboard their flights within Europe in Business Class and in PEY for TATL?

I recently flew with them and I forgot to ask the FAs what they serve. The champagne served was so good I had at least 4 glasses! They also kept offering more which was very nice and proactive of them!

Thank you all
Old Jan 11, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by J343
Hey guys,

Hope you're all good. Does anyone know what champagne AF currently serve onboard their flights within Europe in Business Class and in PEY for TATL?

I recently flew with them and I forgot to ask the FAs what they serve. The champagne served was so good I had at least 4 glasses! They also kept offering more which was very nice and proactive of them!

Thank you all
the great thing about AF is they serve many champagnes last week I was serve Telmont and Palmer &Co champagnes in Europe Business class both good IMO. I make a habit of photographing each new champagne onboard 😀
J343 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
It's been the Paolo Basso-selected Pommery brut royal (blue label) in the lounges and in the air YVR-CDG-BUD/PRG-CDG-YVR last month. Wasn't to my wife's and my tastes. There was something else (as in a full case uncorked) at one of the CDG 2E lounges which similarly wasn't to our taste.

Hoping for something new next month.
J343 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
It's been the Paolo Basso-selected Pommery brut royal (blue label) in the lounges and in the air YVR-CDG-BUD/PRG-CDG-YVR last month.
Not sure on board, but at the lounge we got a tasty and refreshing Gosset last month 🙂. (This brand was tried for the first time 3 years ago at a colleague wedding). I guess/wouldn't be surprised if AF change and promote new champagne every week or fortnight.

Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Not sure on board, but at the lounge we got a tasty and refreshing Gosset last month 🙂. (This brand was tried for the first time 3 years ago at a colleague wedding). I guess/wouldn't be surprised if AF change and promote new champagne every week or fortnight.

Might be for certain and maybe more-profitable routes. YVR (and Canada in general) being a low yield one.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
the great thing about AF is they serve many champagnes last week I was serve Telmont and Palmer &Co champagnes in Europe Business class both good IMO. I make a habit of photographing each new champagne onboard 😀

Oh wow that’s for that information! I didn’t realise that AF serve many champagnes compared to other airlines who stick to the same brand (I’m looking at you AA and BA!- I must say though that the Piper Heidsick from the AA Flagship lounges are so good!). I’m flying with AF again soon and I’m looking forward to it!
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
It's been the Paolo Basso-selected Pommery brut royal (blue label) in the lounges and in the air YVR-CDG-BUD/PRG-CDG-YVR last month. Wasn't to my wife's and my tastes. There was something else (as in a full case uncorked) at one of the CDG 2E lounges which similarly wasn't to our taste.

Thanks! I don’t think I had it before but if they still have it by the time I fly with them again, I will have a glass or two!
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Is it still the case that Champagne is only available after 11am in lounges and in flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.