Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinets reserved seats biz Air France booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, BA silver, Hilton diamond, IHG diamond
Bassinets reserved seats biz Air France booking

When does Air France release the bassinet the business class seats for online reservation
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Only if they are not required will they become for selection during the OLCI window.

You cannot "reserve" a bassinet seat unless you are travelling with an infant. You can, however, select one from the seatmap in the final hours before check-in closes if it is available.
blairvanhorn and msat like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, BA silver, Hilton diamond, IHG diamond
They seem to be released earlier for flying blue members with status as they became available to book as a diver member around 48 hours prior to departure
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Only if they are not required will they become for selection during the OLCI window.

You cannot "reserve" a bassinet seat unless you are travelling with an infant. You can, however, select one from the seatmap in the final hours before check-in closes if it is available.
I am looking to book a couple of J seats for the wife and I and we will be travelling with an infant. As such, we would like to have the first row of J (A350 scheduled for our route) for the bassinet feature. However, every time I go through the steps of making a booking I see that someone has already reserved those seats (ExpertFlyer also showing same). Therefore, am I understanding you correctly in that once I complete the booking and call into reserve the infant's ticket, AF will "bump" the pax that have currently booked those seats (unless they too have reserved for bassinet purposes) or are we out of luck and should look at different dates?

Last edited by msat; Jan 20, 2024 at 9:12 am Reason: More detail
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by msat
I am looking to book a couple of J seats for the wife and I and we will be travelling with an infant. As such, we would like to have the first row of J (A350 scheduled for our route) for the bassinet feature. However, every time I go through the steps of making a booking I see that someone has already reserved those seats (ExpertFlyer also showing same). Therefore, am I understanding you correctly in that once I complete the booking and call into reserve the infant's ticket, AF will "bump" the pax that have currently booked those seats (unless they too have reserved for bassinet purposes) or are we out of luck and should look at different dates?
First you should confirm which seat is actually the bassinet. According to aerolopa, this is either 10A/10L on the 350 with rows 1-14 or 2G (not sure if 1G or 2G) on the plane with rows 1-9. So the first row may not be the bassinet row.

Last edited by paul21; Jan 21, 2024 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by paul21
First you should confirm which seat is actually the bassinet. According to aerolopa, this is either 10A/10L on the 350 with rows 1-14 or 2G (not sure if 1G or 2G) on the plane with rows 1-9. So the first row may not be the bassinet row.
I believe the seats you are referring to are for a different a350 configuration than the one operating our route, as was confirmed by comparing AF website seatmap to Seatguru/aerolopa.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:38 pm

I believe the seats you are referring to are for a different a350 configuration than the one operating our route, as was confirmed by comparing AF website seatmap to Seatguru/aerolopa.
Do you see any blocked seats on expertflyer?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by paul21
Do you see any blocked seats on expertflyer?
Yes, the J row with bassinet was blocked.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:53 pm

Yes, the J row with bassinet was blocked.
I'm probably missing something here but if the bassinet seats are currently blocked with the X on expertflyer then you should be able to call in and reserve them with the infant or at least one of them. If EF shows occupied then you could try but without knowing who is occupying the seat or why (could be another infant) you won't know until you call and ask.
irishguy28, msat and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I am looking to book a couple of J seats for the wife and I and we will be travelling with an infant. As such, we would like to have the first row of J (A350 scheduled for our route) for the bassinet feature.
Then pick up the phone and talk to Air France.

I don't think your "buy adults first, arrange infant and bassinet later" approach is how this should be done. You should buy all seats in a single transaction directly with Air France having first got them to verify that a bassinet location is available, and then to assign that to you. Otherwise, you risk having non-refundable tickets on a flight where they cannot accomodate your request for a bassinet.
brunos, msat, blairvanhorn and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:11 am

Thank you for your responses! Update to the situation:

- We called in and agent confirmed that the bassinet row in J was occupied on our preferred departure date.
- Agent instructed us to reserve online (better pricing) first then to call back to add child to reservation/reserve bassinet. Was unable (maybe unwilling) to confirm availability of bassinet for following week. So, we chanced it and booked anyways known 24hr window to cancel
- Switched to the following week and was able to secure bassinet row.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 5:54 am

- Agent instructed us to reserve online (better pricing) first then to call back to add child to reservation/reserve bassinet.
Why not include the infant directly in the online-booking?

Once you have booked, you can then call Air France to reserve the appropriate seat with the cot.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Kölner
Why not include the infant directly in the online-booking?

Once you have booked, you can then call Air France to reserve the appropriate seat with the cot.
As I understand it, you can only book infant (small fee) by phone.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:47 am

As I understand it, you can only book infant (small fee) by phone.
No, with "(Premium) Voyageur" and "Affaires" an infant can be booked directly on the website.

Only with "La Premičre" does the booking of an infant have to be made by telephone.
msat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.