Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T1 - VIPOne

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
JFK T1 - VIPOne

Just tried the new VIPOne option at T1 JFK. For those of you with priority pass, it’s free and it’s a complete game changer. Nobody seemed to be using it (so I hope it lasts), but it saved me at least 40 minutes. You have a private space to get your trays ready for security, then you go straight to a dedicated TSA agent before the VIPone staff member walks you right to the front of the line for an X Ray machine. Amazing! Especially at a terminal where security is chaos.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Fates
Just tried the new VIPOne option at T1 JFK. For those of you with priority pass, it’s free and it’s a complete game changer. Nobody seemed to be using it (so I hope it lasts), but it saved me at least 40 minutes. You have a private space to get your trays ready for security, then you go straight to a dedicated TSA agent before the VIPone staff member walks you right to the front of the line for an X Ray machine. Amazing! Especially at a terminal where security is chaos.
I wonder what 1. Class passengers are going to say if this gets widely known and they have to wait in line like a commoner
That said VIPOne is really great and it's worth PP just for this perk if one uses T1 fairly regularly.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Now all we are missing at T1 is a real TSAPre line, and the entire thing will become bearable.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Honestly, with the VIPOne service and TSA pre-check, it was the easiest experience I’ve had at a US airport when not flying LP.

I went straight to the front of the line and was able to use all my pre-check benefits. Fantastic!
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Now all we are missing at T1 is a real TSAPre line, and the entire thing will become bearable.
...and the other thing that's missing in terminal 1 is a developed-world terminal... but that's coming in a few years.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
...and the other thing that's missing in terminal 1 is a developed-world terminal... but that's coming in a few years.

is vip1 where LH F customers used to get routed thru to the front of line?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by nas6034
is vip1 where LH F customers used to get routed thru to the front of line?
Yes. They still are in fact. Air France, Swiss, JAL, KAL as well (others I don’t know). And HONCircle passengers irrespective of cabin.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Dec 22, 2023 at 5:29 am
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Yes. They still are in fact. Air France, Swiss, JAL, KAL as well (others I don’t know). And HONCircle passengers irrespective of cabin.
JAL has moved to T8.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Did you just walk up or had you preregistered for VIPOne?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:46 pm

Good info!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IndyDave
Did you just walk up or had you preregistered for VIPOne?
just walked up! As long as you have priority pass, you can just show up. I was the only one there at the time.
IndyDave likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:25 pm

just walked up! As long as you have priority pass, you can just show up. I was the only one there at the time.
I'm not to familier with PP, had it once some years back, but do you know if it works with all PP subscriptions?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

I believe so! Depending on which card provider issues the priority pass you can bring more or less guests. But I think, regardless, you should at least have access to VIPone for yourself with any PP subscription.

Originally Posted by Stil
I'm not to familier with PP, had it once some years back, but do you know if it works with all PP subscriptions?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:22 am

I believe so! Depending on which card provider issues the priority pass you can bring more or less guests. But I think, regardless, you should at least have access to VIPone for yourself with any PP subscription.
Thank you for the answer and posting! It's not included in any of my CC (I'm in Europe) but will look into it as this is a really usefull feature!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Went yesterday - completely empty. Felt super awkward though. With CLEAR at least, there’s another line and you sort of merge with other pax. Here the woman took my bags, inserted herself at the FRONT of the line and put my trays in right before the scanner. Was a bit embarrassed, but it did save a lot of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.