Wiki Posts
Search

Air France ticket Fare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Air France ticket Fare

Hello, I am currently looking to book a flight to MIA, when I chose the standard fare I have to pay 250€ if I want to modify the ticket. Is it new ? As far as I remember it was the light’s fare who was not free.
I looked to BKK and the standard fare allowed to modify the ticket for free.
Air France changed his fare policy?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Interesting observation. Standard still has a 0-euro change fee for Premium or Business on the same flights, but on some Economy flights there is a change fee for Standard. And for Light the ticket cannot be modified at all, not even against payment. For example AMS-LAX shows both:

Same price; same route. Only difference seems to be on the fact that the first segment is operated by AF/KL. Other routes (Just something random like BOD-SJO) show no fee even if all flights operated by AF. It may be related to the fact that both MIA and LAX are on sale currently (Promo) .. causing AF/KL tickets to have more restrictive rules?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Noticed that too! Not a welcome change, no communication was made as far as I know!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:38 pm

actually here is the news

https://www.afkl.biz/trade/s/news-de...yp42_wb5j7jnbU
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: FB Gold
So another money grab quietly slipped in . Not good news, perhaps they got tired of status holders buying only light fares and still being able to profit from all their Elite benefits.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:37 pm

Funny how they try to find the argument for it
Reasons for this change are to keep in line with the latest market developments and to offer customers the choice of the most relevant fare options in the current industry environment.”
fifty_two and Thom00992 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Am I wrong saying that we are just back to tickets conditions that were in force before Covid ?
brunos, NickB, sehgalanuj and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Am I wrong saying that we are just back to tickets conditions that were in force before Covid ?
Yup, that’s what I’ve been told by the PSL.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
i think you are right
Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:58 am

Partly yes, for Long haul at least, Asia, South America are not affected but don't know if that will change and follow same trend.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Yes, COVID flexibility is over. "Le monde d'après" just really looks like "Le monde d'avant", plus inflation and minus service standards :-)
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Interesting observation. Standard still has a 0-euro change fee for Premium or Business on the same flights, but on some Economy flights there is a change fee for Standard. And for Light the ticket cannot be modified at all, not even against payment. For example AMS-LAX shows both:

Same price; same route. Only difference seems to be on the fact that the first segment is operated by AF/KL. Other routes (Just something random like BOD-SJO) show no fee even if all flights operated by AF. It may be related to the fact that both MIA and LAX are on sale currently (Promo) .. causing AF/KL tickets to have more restrictive rules?
DL policy is no change fees on main cabin or above purchases, including flights originating in Europe.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by EBiafore99
DL policy is no change fees on main cabin or above purchases, including flights originating in Europe.
From the link posted above, DL will impose change fees on tickets originating in the EU in the near future. Likewise, AFKL standard fares from North America will apparently not have change fees.

The market conditions in the US are such that it's unlikely any of the main (alliance members plus B6) bring back change fees for non-basic/light Y tickets. Revenue management has adapted: in effect they charge you the change fee on the original booking by not opening up lower fares until closer in. If the competition ex-EU is mostly pricing based on the old ways, then they are getting underpriced.

Last edited by hhdl; Dec 13, 2023 at 7:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.