Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF November 2024 Schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

AF November 2024 Schedule?

I’m looking to book an AF flight (IAD to CDG) the first week of November 2024 and I noticed AF hasn’t released flights past 26 October 2024 (essentially, no flights have been added to their schedule for almost 3 weeks).

Is this typical for AF? If so, when is it likely that they’ll start releasing flights last 26 October 2024? If it’s atypical, does anyone know why they’ve stopped releasing flights?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Most airlines onyl release schedules ~330 days in advance (and some even less) so that'll fit in the time line. Wait another couple of weeks.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep an eye on things to see when they start adding more flights.

For some reason I thought AF released flights at 359 days out. I’d been monitoring things for a while and that seemed to consistently be the case until suddenly they stopped.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DAB_Flyer
For some reason I thought AF released flights at 359 days out. I’d been monitoring things for a while and that seemed to consistently be the case until suddenly they stopped.
The IATA winter season starts in that very week, and all airlines change from a "summer" to their "winter" timetable at that time.

There is a good chance that AF will pause sales on certain routes until they have determined what their winter timetable will be on those certain routes.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Are you attempting to book directly from the Air France site? I was in the same situation as you...in March wanted to book an AF flight in March of the following year. The flights I wanted showed up on the AF site with pricing. However, when I tried to book the flights through Delta I could not because Delta's limitation was 330 days.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: FB Gold
Usually it's 330 days like the others said.

The route is pretty predictable though. The daily AF54 on a 77W with P, plus perhaps a second AF26 a few days a week on a lower capacité appareil, like a 772.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The IATA winter season starts in that very week, and all airlines change from a "summer" to their "winter" timetable at that time.

There is a good chance that AF will pause sales on certain routes until they have determined what their winter timetable will be on those certain routes.
Well this explains it! Thank you for your help!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EBiafore99
Are you attempting to book directly from the Air France site? I was in the same situation as you...in March wanted to book an AF flight in March of the following year. The flights I wanted showed up on the AF site with pricing. However, when I tried to book the flights through Delta I could not because Delta's limitation was 330 days.
Yes, I’ll be booking directly with AF, so once the flight shows on their schedule I should be good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.