Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere Seating Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2023, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Question La Premiere Seating Question

Anyone know if a couple traveling LAX-CDG in this first class space are confined to the middle double seats only?
Flight: 65 E&F Center are separated by a walled partition. As opposed to one window and one center only curtains.

Attempted an image to clarify... after 5 posts only.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 11:09 pm
Original Member

A post in the Air France forum might be more productive.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by HiBob
Anyone know if a couple traveling LAX-CDG in this first class space are confined to the middle double seats only?
Flight: 65 E&F Center are separated by a walled partition. As opposed to one window and one center only curtains.

Attempted an image to clarify... after 5 posts only.
Up to you, you can choose 1A and 1E and enjoy dinner face to face by the window using the ottoman, or choose 1E and 1F as the wall in between can be lowered.
Note that the curtains go all the way up to the ceiling while the 'walled partition' does not.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 5:24 am

I would book the 2 middle seats and then potentially move to a window and a middle if the cabin is otherwise empty. You do not want to be stuck in the middle with the curtains closed and another passenger next to you.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to the Air France forum.

RkchardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
HiBob likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:55 am
Suspended

HELLO

Attempted an image to clarify... after 5 posts only.[

THANK YOU
fixed your first post
Solevita, HiBob, FabCW and 1 others like this.

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jul 26, 2023 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. ~
I contacted Air France yesterday for clarification. Yes the option to occupy a window and a center is available. "Dinner face to face by the window" is ideal. ~

You mentioned the wall can be lowered? In images it looks like it just at armrest level I'm guessing that is the extent? If we book the window and center and we leave the curtains open through the entire flight we have more adjoining options together.

If another passenger is seated in the center with one of us, they certainly can close the curtains on the isle side of them, but that should not require me to do the same and be inclosed with them? ~ Still can send pics, but you get it. ~ Bob.

Last edited by HiBob; Jul 27, 2023 at 5:18 pm
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
We all "get it" without pictures .

If you wish to chat with your partner, the middle seats are better. The aisle is rather wide.
Note that the table is rather small for 2. Dining on the ottoman is much less comfy than dining side by side. You cannot get the nice LP food presentation if 2 dining on the same table.

Then, there is the consideration of other pax. It will be quite disturbing for the other middle pax if you keep chatting across the aisle. The other pax is still close to you and the partition does not extend to the ceiling. If I were the other middle pax, I would not like that noisy disturbance.
ATLCDG, HiBob, carnarvon and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Yes, you make some good points to additionally consider.
  • Chatting across the aisle would not be good for anyone. When conversing we'd both move across the aisle together to face each other at the window seat.
  • Thanks for mentioning the compromise of the full LP food presentation if we share a table. That compromise would be prefered for us as we are older with stiff necks, weak voices and hearing that compliment face to face interaction. As a couple It's actually physically uncomfortable to interact side by side. ~

This is good to have the input from others as it's a long and hugely expensive endeavor.

With no upgrades or discounts. We will be paying full price.

Last edited by HiBob; Jul 29, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
Yes, you make some good points to additionally consider.
  • Chatting across the aisle would not be good for anyone. When conversing we'd both move across the aisle together to face each other at the window seat.
  • Thanks for mentioning the compromise of the full LP food presentation if we share a table. That compromise would be prefered for us as we are older with necks, weak voices and hearing that compliment face to face interaction. As a couple It's actually physically uncomfortable to interact side by side. ~

This is good to have the input from others as it's a long and hugely expensive endeavor.

With no upgrades or discounts. We will be paying full price.
Even during covid/post-covid madness, LP was very good (albeit a hiccup here or there). Also, if you call AF and the seats 1E/1F are taken, they usually will accommodate the couple to sit in the middle.
HiBob likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:04 pm
Original Member

I’ve flown LP four times, SFO/CDG/SFO. Three times we had the entire cabin to ourselves. Fourth time there was one other passenger. So I never worried about which seats to book and moved around as I wished. Encouraged by the flight attendants. Flights out of and into LAX may be fuller, I suppose.
HiBob likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks KatW, this is good to know.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only time there is a “problem” will be if the cabin is full. If it’s 3/4 then the other passenger can just take the opposite window and close their curtain. It’s only the 4th pax (who will probably either have paid the highest fare, or else a cheap upgrade lol) who may get “screwed” but I honestly wouldn’t spend much time thinking about that. They can book another flight if it really bothers them. As long as you’re considerate while on board there shouldn’t be any issue.
HiBob and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.