Wiki Posts
Search

A-350 and Business Class Toilet

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: miles and more
A-350 and Business Class Toilet

Just flew to AMS via CDG from DTW.Really stupid to have a Single Toilet for whole Buisness class.The Captain BLOCKED off front Toilet under the EXCUSE of security Making it as his PRIVATE TOILET.The Cabin Crew Explained that there was nothing they could do."He is the Captain".same thing happened on Return CDG-DTW.
Vegetarian menu selection has NOT CHANGED in 3 years.Same Risotto cheese or Ratatouille on return.
Other than Good Flat Beds and Service not a pleasant experience.I fly this Route DTW-CDG to connect frequently.

Last edited by JOUY31; May 27, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Old May 20, 2023, 8:28 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I fly that route frequently as well! I haven't seen the captain blocking the front restroom though - I guess I've been lucky!
Old May 20, 2023, 8:49 am
Suspended

Special meals including vegetarian menu are renewed every 6 months
physicsdude likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
The layout of the lavatories on the A350 is really bad. The front one is known to be blocked depending on the crew, but the 2 flights I took recently (YYZ to CDG and then on to KIX) were not an issue. The back Lav is often used by those in Premium economy (not meant for them, but so easy to sneak in), so it makes for just 1 for too many seats.

Earlier this year, I flew on the 777-200 and on both flights one of the 2 front lavatories was blocked for the entire flight. But there were still 2 left for business, so not an issue.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL
Front lav on another B777-200 blocked all flight. Pretty annoying near meal time having to wait so long.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Was expecting to be blocked from using the lavs on a 787-9 flight (well, 2 actually) but surprisingly both available. YVR-CDG-YVR.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Was expecting to be blocked from using the lavs on a 787-9 flight (well, 2 actually) but surprisingly both available. YVR-CDG-YVR.
It really depends of the crews.
Earlier in November , on a 359, the restroom in the front of the J cabin was non available for PAX on the almost entire flight.
This is quite annoying to have to queue at the unique J restroom at the back of the J section (knowing that W PAX tend to use it as well …)
orbitmic and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, when I check other airlines aircraft layouts for other similar 350s (with one J cabin), they usually place both lavs up front. For this AF 359, one is directly in front of W and to make it worse, they have the lavatory availability lights displayed in their cabin as well, which invites them to use them when available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.