Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How well does mobility assistance work at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2023, 8:46 am
Original Poster

How well does mobility assistance work at CDG?

Hi,
I will soon be travelling via CDG and have booked mobility assistance. How well does this work?
I will need to transfer from terminal 2F to 2E.

I have a business class booking if that makes any difference.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Do you mean you booked the Saphir service with AF?
Old May 16, 2023, 10:01 am
Suspended

It's free so travelling class does not matter. You need to contact AF Saphir service before your trip. That's all.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Do you mean you booked the Saphir service with AF?
Yes, but first time using the service so I was wondering whether it is reliable or not,
Old May 16, 2023, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I have used it for a couple of months after having a leg accident. It is quite reliable.

But this is CDG, so anything can happen. When departing from CDG or ORY, the pick up by the service can always be a bit stressful. However, I found it to be quite reliable, and so are most of the reviews. And good to speed the arrival process.
Frankly, one to the most reliable service offered at French airports.
juniordk2000 likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
I have used it on multiple occasions. Echoing what brunos said, they are excellent, though better in the AF terminals, than AA, where I found on departure I would wait a long time to get picked up for the service. But in your case they will meet you at the plane door and assist you through to your next flight. If you are going a lounge during the layover, they will drop you off, then come back and get you for departure. Though not at all required (or even expected) I do give 5€ to the person assisting me.
juniordk2000 likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 8:27 pm

We did this recently (wife gets assistance). It could vary by what hall of 2E you connect to; we went to Hall K. As I recall: one attendant to a bus boarding area in 2F (exit passport control in some part of the route), then led to a van to 2E Hall K, wait in a waiting area there to be taken to the gate. We'll be on a tighter morning connection in September, hoping it will go well.
juniordk2000 likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Usually works really well. I used it for my mum and she was very happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.