Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere equipped 777-300 on non La Premiere routes

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

La Premiere equipped 777-300 on non La Premiere routes

From what I’ve read, La Premiere is only marketed on flights to Tokyo Haneda. However, checking the schedule and FlightRadar24, I see that sometimes Air France flies a 4 class 777-300 to Narita.

Does anyone know if the La Premiere cabin is used on flights such as these? Is there a La Premiere service, or maybe they offer the seats but with Business service (a la BA “flub”)?

Last edited by ndevlin; May 10, 2023 at 10:32 am
Old May 10, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Last time I flew a LP-capable 777 on a non-LP route, they had just shut the curtains. It was just a dead space onboard.
Old May 10, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by maalloc
Last time I flew a LP-capable 777 on a non-LP route, they had just shut the curtains. It was just a dead space onboard.
What a wasted opportunity to either up-sell, or reward frequent flyers (other than the captain's wife of course! )....
milesaddict likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
What a wasted opportunity to either up-sell, or reward frequent flyers (other than the captain's wife of course! )....
🤣. I wouldn’t be surprised. The last time I flew to Osaka with AF, the first officer’s companion was seated in the front row and was in and out of the flight deck throughout the journey.
Old May 10, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Few years ago, when AF still had La Premiere all the way to Papeete, the captain’s wife was brought to 1A from Economy as soon as the door was closed in LAX… Good for her, but those of us who paid full fare felt a little awkward. It was funny how we all started to talk and found it unacceptable.
I have worked in the Airline industry and had the opportunity to buy ID90 tickets on First class flights, but with AF, they take it to another level, getting economy tickets and moving friends & family as soon as the door is closed…
Old May 11, 2023, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
A few years back, I had a P ticket but the route became operated without P., so downgraded.
When I boarded the flight, I saw that there was P but unoccupied.
I asked purser to simply sit in P. She said no, we cannot serve meals there (even J). Then I asked if I could eat in J and then move to sleep in a P seat as I had an important dinner upon arrival.
Again denied. Her explanation, whether true or not, is that the union agreement specified that they would need an additional FA for P. Some blabla about security issues.

Later I discovered that a young girl (say 16) was seated in P. It turned out that it was the captain's daughter. The embarrassed captain asked the purser to let us sit there, but she refused. Captain then conferred with his cockpit colleagues and let us use the pilots rest area (two beds).
Old May 11, 2023, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingYan
Few years ago, when AF still had La Premiere all the way to Papeete, the captain’s wife was brought to 1A from Economy as soon as the door was closed in LAX… Good for her, but those of us who paid full fare felt a little awkward. It was funny how we all started to talk and found it unacceptable.
I have worked in the Airline industry and had the opportunity to buy ID90 tickets on First class flights, but with AF, they take it to another level, getting economy tickets and moving friends & family as soon as the door is closed…
It's been a while that upgrading IDticket to First is completely forbidden in AF. So I guess your story has to be >10y old.

Originally Posted by brunos
A few years back, I had a P ticket but the route became operated without P., so downgraded.
When I boarded the flight, I saw that there was P but unoccupied.
I asked purser to simply sit in P. She said no, we cannot serve meals there (even J). Then I asked if I could eat in J and then move to sleep in a P seat as I had an important dinner upon arrival.
Again denied. Her explanation, whether true or not, is that the union agreement specified that they would need an additional FA for P. Some blabla about security issues.
Probably not security but safety, cannot leave an unattended passager alone in a cabin & probably the FA didnt want to have to take care of an extra cabin
brunos likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by FranckM
It's been a while that upgrading IDticket to First is completely forbidden in AF. So I guess your story has to be >10y old.
And for obvious reasons. Hence why it's even more outraging to see individuals shamelessly breaking the policies. Same with the cheap chocolate boxes for the crews by GPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.