Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Change from Air France to ASL Airlines France?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Equipment Change from Air France to ASL Airlines France?

Just recieved the following email from Air france:

"Thank you for booking an Air France flight for a trip between Casablanca and Paris on 10/XX/2023. To guarantee that our flight schedule runs smoothly during the summer season, Air France has chosen to work with partner airlines.
Your flight will be operated by ASL Airlines France"

Anyone have insight as to what's going on? AF to ASL seems like a huge step down in quality, Business vs. Economy notwithstanding. Airfrance.com says my flight is operated by a 738 but ASL's French subsidiary only operates 738s in the BCF cargo config so there's no telling what aircraft I'll end up on. Could be their passenger 737-700 or the 737-300 Combi which is really long in the tooth if I can't make a reasonable change.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by spin2nd
Anyone have insight as to what's going on?
Nothing is going on. AF simply doesn't have enough aircraft available, so they subcontract a few flights to airlines like ASL or Amelia. Those airlines are perfectly fine, but I understand it's disappointing. They normally operates as per AF specifications, but they may not have J class sometimes. if you are in Y, you won't have a lot of difference TBH.

Originally Posted by spin2nd
AF to ASL seems like a huge step down in quality, Business vs. Economy notwithstanding. Airfrance.com says my flight is operated by a 738 but ASL's French subsidiary only operates 738s in the BCF cargo config so there's no telling what aircraft I'll end up on. Could be their passenger 737-700 or the 737-300 Combi which is really long in the tooth if I can't make a reasonable change.
ASL operates B737 which can be converted very quickly from cargo to pax configuration. They carry mail and cargo at night and passengers during the day.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I have the same for my CDG-TUN return in a few weeks. I had a replacement LYS-CDG with a wet lease. All fine if you fly Y, they distributed catering from AF-labelled carts! But in some cases I see the replacement is all Y and of course then J pax have a problem
Old May 3, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: AC, AF KLM flying blue, BAEC
Hi everyone, apologies for my follow-up question. I'm in the very same predicament, are those equipment & "operating airline" changes, ground for cancelling my CDG-CMN flight altogether? Can I have my initial flight switched to a AF "metal" one, without penalty or fees? Can someone direct me to any EU provisions on that matter? I will be flying in coach.Thank you for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.