Wiki Posts
Search

OTP flights moving to 2F starting 18 April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
OTP flights moving to 2F starting 18 April

Just received a notification that starting 18 April OTP flights (Non-Schengen destination) are moving to terminal 2F (Schengen) from 2E. It’s true that Romania might join the Schengen area this year, but there is no decision yet and as far as I know in 2F there is no passport control? Or there are certain gates which trigger the passport check?

Interesting to see how this will work out, but overall a great change for increasing connectivity and reducing connection times at CDG for intra-EU flights.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: FB Plat
Could it be only for check-in? Check-in in 2F but actual departure from 2E/L gates, after a short walk and passport control.
irishguy28 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
I m wondering as well, I received the same email for a flight to RBA in next May ( which I had actually cancelled already). I also noticed that on my last flight to RBA last month, it was marked 2F instead of the usual 2E, I thought it was a usual AF app bug, i just went to 2E as usual and did not enquire about it. We'll see how this works and if it is only for check in but i don't really see what it would bring besides adding some walking time for passengers that need check-in at the counter.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Gold
Received same notice for my flight to IST moving to 2F.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Received same notice for my flight to IST moving to 2F.
Same for RAK
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Porcepic
Could it be only for check-in? Check-in in 2F but actual departure from 2E/L gates, after a short walk and passport control.
Yes. This is how it works for non-Schengen destinations check-in in 2F.

First check-in, then go through security screening, then walk to 2E-L together with connecting pax arriving from Schengen countries. Passport control will occur on the way.

Last edited by carnarvon; May 24, 2023 at 1:53 am
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is done to decrease the crowding of 2E check-in. Check-in ans security screening will be done at 2F and flights will leave from 2E-L. There is a walkway between 2F and 2E-L with immigration cleared on the way.
Old May 23, 2023, 7:14 pm

I'll be flying JFK-CDG-RAK, on a single itinerary, also received notice that my second leg will be at 2F. But if 2F is just for check-in, am I correct to assume that if I check in at JFK for both legs, I won't need to go to 2F to check in for my CDG-RAK flight? I can just stay in 2E?
Old May 23, 2023, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Correct
Old May 23, 2023, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeans
I'll be flying JFK-CDG-RAK, on a single itinerary, also received notice that my second leg will be at 2F. But if 2F is just for check-in, am I correct to assume that if I check in at JFK for both legs, I won't need to go to 2F to check in for my CDG-RAK flight? I can just stay in 2E?
Correct. Imagine how confusing is this for 99% of pax... Utter nonsense.
Old May 24, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Correct. Imagine how confusing is this for 99% of pax... Utter nonsense.
I would think 99% of transfer pax don't look at which terminal their flight is in, but look for gate number. So they might be told their IST flight is at T2F, but they land from their origin and just go to L36 or wherever the flight might leave from.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I would think 99% of transfer pax don't look at which terminal their flight is in, but look for gate number. So they might be told their IST flight is at T2F, but they land from their origin and just go to L36 or wherever the flight might leave from.
I think that's normally the case, but AF sent out email notices to passengers specifically informing them of the terminal change, that's what gave me pause. But FT to the rescue as always!
Old May 24, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: FB Plat
And imagine arriving from a DL flight, with flight deck announcing an arrival at "parking stand K64"... which is actually a M-gate.
Old May 24, 2023, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Yes and no. As said below by jbeans, AF is sending automated emails to concerned customers so people can be very confused with this. And, even with no email, the screens where flights are displayed (when you disembark) are mentioning the departure terminal + the gate. So pax may make a mistake and go to 2F instead of going to 2E-L/M gates. But Paris vous aime...

Originally Posted by jbeans
I think that's normally the case, but AF sent out email notices to passengers specifically informing them of the terminal change, that's what gave me pause. But FT to the rescue as always!
Old May 27, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Just in case adding letters (KLM) to another letter (E) wasn't confusing enough already.

Maybe we can call each pier in F differently too now? So you'd have 2F(I) and 2F(J) and don't forget 2G(O) and 2G(P) and why not also call the part of L accessible from F something interesting like 2F-X(L)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.