Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you pass security in CDG T2F if flying from T2G?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Can you pass security in CDG T2F if flying from T2G?

Hello All,

flying CDG-FRA and having a few hours to kill at the airport, I wanted to try the nice Air France lounge in T2F. However, they did not let me pass security in T2F, telling me that my flight departs from T2G and I have to pass security there. I tried explaining I wanted to visit the lounge and then transfer airside to T2G, but it didn't help.

So I had to take the bus to T2G, pass security there, then take the airside bus back to T2F for the lounge - not impressed!

Did I have bad luck with security agents, or is it indeed only possible to pass security at the terminal your flight departs from? This is never a problem in FRA...

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Nope that's normal. You visit the lounge in which your departing flight leaves from.

The lounge in 2G isn't that bad. Yes, 2F is nice, but not the end of the world if you don't have access.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mlin32
Nope that's normal. You visit the lounge in which your departing flight leaves from.

The lounge in 2G isn't that bad. Yes, 2F is nice, but not the end of the world if you don't have access.
Totally agree. Lounge is 2G is pleasant and there is no need to go through all this hassle to go to 2F.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Sorry that the agents did not use common sense. Agree with other posters that 2G may have a sufficient lounge but I suppose if AF is very proud of its new lounge at 2F it can’t then blame folks for wanting to try it out!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
In general, ADP employs the concept of only passengers departing from that terminal can clear security in that terminal. This is why you always have to show your BP when clearing security in CDG. The same in FRA, MUC and other airports with segregated terminals and especially with auto-gates for the security lines. I have used lounges in different parts of CDG, but I was already inside security, so using 2F before going to the transfer shuttle to 2G was fine. They might query me at the lounge entrance but I would just say that I have a 4hr layover and am splitting my time between lounges.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: FB platinum
The 2G lounge is great, but everytime I have been through it, it was impossible to find somewhere to sit... Although the 2F one is also busy at times, I've always managed to find some space. Maybe it's just bad luck/good luck and others have different experiences!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by lynxy
The 2G lounge is great, but everytime I have been through it, it was impossible to find somewhere to sit... Although the 2F one is also busy at times, I've always managed to find some space. Maybe it's just bad luck/good luck and others have different experiences!
I think its luck and timing.

Then again, I usually end up in 2G in the late afternoon or evening when it's quiet on my flights to FRA, whereas I'm in 2F usually in mornings (arriving from 2G) when the TATL and Pacific traffic hits.

Remember 2G was just renovated a few years ago too, I think in 2019 so in my opinion, not too shabby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.