Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
LAX Lounge

I am flying LAX-PPT (Tahiti) at the end of this month. Is it correct that AF has now arranged for business class flyers to use the One World lounge at TBIT? I saw one blogger comment that this was so since the Korean Air (Sky Team) lounge was so poor. Can someone verify that AF made a deal for use of the One World lounge?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I am flying LAX-PPT (Tahiti) at the end of this month. Is it correct that AF has now arranged for business class flyers to use the One World lounge at TBIT? I saw one blogger comment that this was so since the Korean Air (Sky Team) lounge was so poor. Can someone verify that AF made a deal for use of the One World lounge?
I think so, at least if you’re flying J (been there last week), and can confirm it. I think they might send you to KE if you’re Y and Elite+, though.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Andy82
I think so, at least if you’re flying J (been there last week), and can confirm it. I think they might send you to KE if you’re Y and Elite+, though.
Depending on the hours, both Korean and Quantas lounges are offered at TBIT.
Korean is closing in the afternoon on certains days but Quantas lounge remains open. Note that Quantas First Class lounge is now opened again since last week and is used by AF for F PAX.
By leaving the lounge you need up to 10mn to walk to the new sub terminal used by AF (Gates 200+)
AF is building a new lounge there but it’s not sure to open this year due to delay.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Bullspread
Depending on the hours, both Korean and Quantas lounges are offered at TBIT.
Korean is closing in the afternoon on certains days but Quantas lounge remains open. Note that Quantas First Class lounge is now opened again since last week and is used by AF for F PAX.
By leaving the lounge you need up to 10mn to walk to the new sub terminal used by AF (Gates 200+)
AF is building a new lounge there but it’s not sure to open this year due to delay.
sorry, it’s Qantas 😁
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I read in the comments section of and article on the Midfield Satellite Concourse that AF/KL have control of a lounge space there. A lounge was meant to be built by 2020 but Covid interrupted that. Does anyone have and update on the LAX MSC lounge build?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I read in the comments section of and article on the Midfield Satellite Concourse that AF/KL have control of a lounge space there. A lounge was meant to be built by 2020 but Covid interrupted that. Does anyone have and update on the LAX MSC lounge build?
Does anyone know if there is an opening date set yet for the opening of this lounge in the MSC at LAX TBIT?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gstork
Does anyone know if there is an opening date set yet for the opening of this lounge in the MSC at LAX TBIT?
no news.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
A lease for an 11,500 sq ft lounge was approved in 2020, interesting terms that AFKL agreed to in there.

Now with VS in the mix and sometimes flying out of the Midfield Concourse, perhaps this will be a high-end lounge?

Wish they would get going on it as the KE lounge is pretty sub-par, and its roll of the dice for access (paid fare?) to the One World lounge when flying AF/FL.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
A lease for an 11,500 sq ft lounge was approved in 2020, interesting terms that AFKL agreed to in there.

Now with VS in the mix and sometimes flying out of the Midfield Concourse, perhaps this will be a high-end lounge?

Wish they would get going on it as the KE lounge is pretty sub-par, and its roll of the dice for access (paid fare?) to the One World lounge when flying AF/FL.
2,3 m$ of lease/year
Digicola likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
With the current cost of everything and general costs in California they’ll be able to reach the $500/sqft requirement by simply painting the walls lol
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
2,3 m$ of lease/year
And AT LEAST another $5.75MM for the construction.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by gstork
I flew out of LAX at the end of February and asked when the AF lounge would open, and was told “this time next year”. I hadn’t been in the Oneworld lounge since before Covid. It seems like it’s getting tired and food is less impressive, as if they are cutting corners.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I flew out of LAX at the end of February and asked when the AF lounge would open, and was told “this time next year”. I hadn’t been in the Oneworld lounge since before Covid. It seems like it’s getting tired and food is less impressive, as if they are cutting corners.
Considering its managed by QF, jointly owned by BA, QF and CX and that they haven’t had stellar performances (especially CX) it doesn’t surprise me. Hopefully things will go back to normal as travel and frequency picks up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.