Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF A321: Europe Business vs Exit Row

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver, RCI Diamond Plus
AF A321: Europe Business vs Exit Row

We're booked right now in an exit row on a 321 for a hop from CDG to FCO. We have lounge access pre-flight.. and I'm thinking we're good.
eat, drink, stretch out onboard.

My darling wife is thinking we should still upgrade to Europe Business, because then we're promised an empty middle seat and a meal and drinks onboard to help pass the time.

I'm guessing it's a choice between legroom or shoulder to shoulder room.

What say you?

Row 10 Exit row in the back with lounge access.... or the business class with no legroom or wider seat?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Euro biz? How many hours could it even be? Not worth paying 3x for tickets, just to get a salad and some salmon. Go for the exit row.
irishguy28 and atflyer like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
On comfort its exactly that: 3-3 vs 2-2 Eurobusiness. The legroom up front isn't great.

But of course flying business has some more advantages. Better food, alcohol, more attentive crew, and so on. In the end its up to you to decide how you value those items compared to economy
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver, RCI Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by KLBGO
Euro biz? How many hours could it even be? Not worth paying 3x for tickets, just to get a salad and some salmon. Go for the exit row.
It's actually an $82 difference between what we paid and what the upgrade is going for. Its doable, so i was just wondering everyone's take.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I would consider upgrading for $82 but I would benefit from extra XP.

if you have enough time in the lounge to get a decent meal in, paying extra for a cold platter and two glasses of champagne is not worth it.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
For $82 I would do it. In addition to the service and attention, it is also worth it to me not to have a stranger sit next to me.
JOUY31 and Goldorak like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For $82, go for the upgrade. Air France's European catering is not as good as BA, but it's certainly decent (and streets ahead of anything you'll find on LH or KL). It being AF, you'll also be guaranteed a good Champagne.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I would consider upgrading for $82 but I would benefit from extra XP.
Which you do not get from this kind of upgrade.

That said if row 1 was open I would probably still do it for the extra legroom.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Which you do not get from this kind of upgrade.

That said if row 1 was open I would probably still do it for the extra legroom.
This wasn't a check in upgrade though, this seems to have been an upfare of $82, which would grant the XP.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by BA850
For $82, go for the upgrade. Air France's European catering is not as good as BA, but it's certainly decent (and streets ahead of anything you'll find on LH or KL). It being AF, you'll also be guaranteed a good Champagne.
Oh yes, and sometimes the champagne is not on the cart, but hidden in the galley. Don't hesitate to ask for it anyway! An AF FA was happy to look for it and open it for me on a short flight recently. He even offered me a refill. I think it was Joseph Perrier and it was better (for my taste) than the Gosset in the CDG lounge.
BA850 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.