Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG T2F to T2G lounges hopping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

CDG T2F to T2G lounges hopping

I will be transiting later this month from ATH to FRA via CDG on Air France. The FRA flight is with HOP and leaves from 2G. I have 3 hours transit after my flight arrives from ATH in 2F. Can I use the AF lounge in 2F first (I am plat) before moving to 2G ( and visiting the 2G lounge) while staying airside i.e. can I take the 2F to 2G airside bus after I use the 2F lounge?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by christophe011
I will be transiting later this month from ATH to FRA via CDG on Air France. The FRA flight is with HOP and leaves from 2G. I have 3 hours transit after my flight arrives from ATH in 2F. Can I use the AF lounge in 2F first (I am plat) before moving to 2G ( and visiting the 2G lounge) while staying airside i.e. can I take the 2F to 2G airside bus after I use the 2F lounge?
From layout perspective, this is possible.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by christophe011
You can ask, but I cannot guarantee that the dragons will give you access.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I have recently done the bus hop between 2F and 2G myself. Based on my experience, your plan should work fine.

The automated boarding pass scanners can only tell whether you are entitled to access to J lounges, not whether you are in the right place. As long as it beeps and flashes green, the lounge dragons don't really care whether you are in the right place. Because the 2F lounges have gantries, you just need to scan your boarding pass and the gate will open for you. (In fact, I think I scanned my incoming boarding pass and it worked for me.) And even if the dragons say that you should go to your next terminal sooner, you are in your own hands and I think they would be happy and proud to have you see the new 2F lounge ("just a quick look").

Just be aware that the lounge in 2F is quite a significant distance from the 2F bus stop, there are escalators and lifts involved, and the bus ride from 2F to 2G is not necessarily quick. You will stay airside throughout this journey and there is no additional security check required because you are coming from a "clean" country.

Enjoy the 2F lounge and the 2G lounge also. Please share your thoughts after completion.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; Jun 6, 2022 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I understand you want to see the « new » 2F lounge and this is fine of course , but the 2G lounge is a pleasant one. So there is nothing wrong going directly there
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:26 am

This Friday I also need to transfer from terminal 2F to 2G. What is the fastest way? Is the bus the only option?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Escape
This Friday I also need to transfer from terminal 2F to 2G. What is the fastest way? Is the bus the only option?

Yes that is correct: the airside bus -- do not go landside.
Escape likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have done this on many occasions. While the lounge staff indicated tome that I was not in the correct lounge, they understood that on a long layover I was just breaking up the stay.

I agree that you do not want to go landside. The bus takes a bit longer and then you will have to clear security in G, which can be a bit hit or miss depending on time of day.
Old May 13, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am flying from JFK to CDG to LJU. Flight arrives in 2E but departs from 2G. I have a 4 hour layover. Could i go to 2F first, use lounge for a bit, move on to 2G?
I’ve been to 2F lounge a few times, but not to 2G. Are there showers (or enough of them)? Tarmac views?

thanks
Old May 13, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by ekartash
I am flying from JFK to CDG to LJU. Flight arrives in 2E but departs from 2G. I have a 4 hour layover. Could i go to 2F first, use lounge for a bit, move on to 2G?
I’ve been to 2F lounge a few times, but not to 2G. Are there showers (or enough of them)? Tarmac views?

thanks
You will have only access to the lounge in the terminal where you depart, so access only to 2G.

Yes, there are showers at 2G and tarmac views, but 2G only has regional jets so less exciting of a view.
Old May 14, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mlin32
You will have only access to the lounge in the terminal where you depart, so access only to 2G.

Yes, there are showers at 2G and tarmac views, but 2G only has regional jets so less exciting of a view.
is there a way to get to 2G airside?
Old May 14, 2023, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
hopefully yes, as you depart from 2G…
Old May 14, 2023, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
hopefully yes, as you depart from 2G…
I suspect that the OP means: is there a way to go from 2E to 2G while remaining airside?

There used to be an airside shuttle between 2E and 2G but I have done that route for ages and do not know whether it still exists.
Old May 14, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: FB Gold
Well, you would stay airside unless you choose to exit.....

You go from 2E to contrôle passeports at 2F, then downstairs to the navette to 2G. The old navette between 2E and 2G no longer runs.
NickB likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
SLovenia is EU Schengen. So you need to enter EU at CDG where they will check your passport. You cannot stay "airside" between 2E/F and 2G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.