Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Flying Blue Skypriority and Lounge access with AF-Codeshare on Amelia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Skypriority and Lounge access with AF-Codeshare on Amelia?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Question Flying Blue Skypriority and Lounge access with AF-Codeshare on Amelia?

This week I will be flying AMS-SXB, The flight will be on Amelia Metal and in Y but the ticket is bought on Air France with an Air France codeshare (AF4055). Question is, will I be able to use Sky Priority at the Baggage Check? And will I be able to use the Lounge?

Does anyone have experience with this flight?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Update on Amelia

For any future reference, for this Amelia/Air France Flight you have to check in at a different check in desk in terminal 1). Not at the KLM Sky Priority Desks or normal KLM check in Desks, luckily I was aware of this but several other passengers where not and had been waiting in long lines at the KLM check in Area. The flight handling was done by Aviapartner, which was a complete mess, Check-in started 20 minutes late and was obligatory for everyone as online check in was unavailable. The check-in was managed by one person and several technical issues occurred (computer not working properly) which resulted in more waiting. Several people became inpatient and KLM staff was brought in to help.

Long story short, even though I was on time at the airport, thing still were getting tight because of the delays at check in. I was checked in at 7:30 and boarding was at 8:20, but still had the baggage check ahead of me (with rows outside). Therefore I went for the Sky Priority Baggage check area at the KLM Check in Area and luckily the gate flashed a green light, which was my lifesaver in catching my flight. So for this Amelia flight the Sky Priority seems to work.

I was not able to use the KLM Lounge because of time shortage, and finally when departing it became clear that several passengers did not make it to the flight.

Furthermore the flight was done in a whim and service on board was great

All in all a lovely day at Schiphol, thanks to Aviapartner
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Amélia has long haul planes ???
just curious : this is a lease and Amelia is not selling tickets on this flight, just AFKL and other code-shares, right ?
if yes, it’s surprising that they have a separate checkin as KL should handle it.
To OP, you will have lounge access and, if the answer is yes to the previous question, you should have all SP services.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Amélia has long haul planes ??? (...).
How long is long?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:29 am
Original Poster

just curious : this is a lease and Amelia is not selling tickets on this flight, just AFKL and other code-shares, right ?
if yes, it’s surprising that they have a separate checkin as KL should handle it.
To OP, you will have lounge access and, if the answer is yes to the previous question, you should have all SP services.
Haha, no longhaul planes, the flight was AMS-SXB (Strasbourg)

This flight by Amelia seems to add a AF/KL code and an Amelia code to the flight, so you actually can buy this flight through Amelia as well .
So probably in that case it's not a surprise that they use a different check in, but most passengers were surprised .

Therefore would I in that case still receive Lounge access (not tried to get in)? But Priority Baggage check was luckily part of the deal as KLPlat.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
How long is long?
Embraer 145 Long
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm guessing you were thinking SXM (Sint Maarten) rather than SXB (Straatsburg)...

that'd be a fun flight in a turbo prop!

I'm also not sure I'd be comfortable heading out over the open ocean on an airline named after the world's most famous missing aviator...
hhdl and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm guessing you were thinking SXM (Sint Maarten) rather than SXB (Straatsburg)...

that'd be a fun flight in a turbo prop!

I'm also not sure I'd be comfortable heading out over the open ocean on an airline named after the world's most famous missing aviator...
Exactly , read too fast and read SXM . Sorry !!!
irishguy28 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mckroes
Therefore would I in that case still receive Lounge access (not tried to get in)?
Yes, you should have access to KL lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.