Search

Upgrade in Advance

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Upgrade in Advance

Hi,

I am so confused by how "upgrade in advance" works. I am a FB Gold.

I know I can book D+ and upgrade into F.
Can I book a PE fare and upgrade into Z?

How does this work and how many points would this take? It is so incredibly difficult to get an AF or FB person on the phone!
Old May 6, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Hi,

I am so confused by how "upgrade in advance" works. I am a FB Gold.

I know I can book D+ and upgrade into F.
Can I book a PE fare and upgrade into Z?

How does this work and how many points would this take? It is so incredibly difficult to get an AF or FB person on the phone!
I understand your point but the best way to contact is on SoMe. Write your last name and PNR and write what you would like, upgrade from Y to J or A to J etc. Then they will come back with a quotation of seats are available. If not then it doesn’t mean there are no seats available upon check in where there is always an option to pay cash or miles, of course only when the cabin isn’t sold out at that point.
Last chance is when you enter your cabin of booking and ask the FA if you can be upgraded paying miles.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
what I really don't understand is how and when you can pay to uggrade from PE to J.
Old May 11, 2022, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by BobTL
I understand your point but the best way to contact is on SoMe. Write your last name and PNR and write what you would like, upgrade from Y to J or A to J etc. Then they will come back with a quotation of seats are available. If not then it doesn’t mean there are no seats available upon check in where there is always an option to pay cash or miles, of course only when the cabin isn’t sold out at that point.
Last chance is when you enter your cabin of booking and ask the FA if you can be upgraded paying miles.
Ok so maybe I didn't phrase the question properly:

What fare code needs to be available - and what fare must you be ticketed in - to be able to use FB points to upgrade in advance from PE to J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.