Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Dublin Airport - Security Delays and Sky Priority?

I am hearing horror stories of delays in getting through security at Dublin Airport and being advised to arrive at the airport at least three hours in advance. Any recent experiences? Is SkyPriority operational ? Thanks.

Last edited by Braniff; May 5, 2022 at 10:17 am
Old May 7, 2022, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Update

The situation is quite bad. Air France leaves from Terminal 1 where the situation is worse than in Terminal 2 which is primarily used by Aer Lingus. On a Saturday afternoon, it takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to go through security. I am told it takes “significantly” longer early in the mornings.

There is no Fast Track lane in operation in Terminal 1.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
The situation is quite bad. Air France leaves from Terminal 1 where the situation is worse than in Terminal 2 which is primarily used by Aer Lingus. On a Saturday afternoon, it takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to go through security. I am told it takes “significantly” longer early in the mornings.

There is no Fast Track lane in operation in Terminal 1.
Thanks for the update. Not vey appealing and encouraging
Old May 12, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Hmmm, my last trip to Dublin is about 7 months ago, but if I remember correctly there was a fast lane for travelers with SkyPriority status or Business Class, don't remember which.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Hmmm, my last trip to Dublin is about 7 months ago, but if I remember correctly there was a fast lane for travelers with SkyPriority status or Business Class, don't remember which.
Not the case any more. Even the pay-for-fast track option has been suspended.

Aside from an “Assistance” lane for people requiring special care there is nothing aside from the normal lane.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:09 pm

Ouch. I will fly from there on Tuesday. Early afternoon, so outside the busy period - so should I expect a long wait?

And, why on earth have they stopped offering the fast lane?
Old May 14, 2022, 12:43 pm

I will be flying Monday 30th around 11 on KL. God bless us all
Arpoador likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:17 pm

deleted, thanks.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:39 am
Old May 15, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Hello,

Ive just travelled out of T1 twice, last Sunday on the 08:50 KLM and this Sunday on the 08:50 to CDG.

Fast Track worked a treat for a Plat member, my hotel near the Aviva to the lounge was 30 mins max each time.

No idea for the normal lanes, the airport was rammed, but for a traveler with Status I would travel as normal.

I am no fan of the lounge though, this morning it was freezing yet again.

J
whitewave likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jonny Endley
Hello,

Ive just travelled out of T1 twice, last Sunday on the 08:50 KLM and this Sunday on the 08:50 to CDG.

Fast Track worked a treat for a Plat member, my hotel near the Aviva to the lounge was 30 mins max each time.

No idea for the normal lanes, the airport was rammed, but for a traveler with Status I would travel as normal.

I am no fan of the lounge though, this morning it was freezing yet again.

J
So there is a fast lane then? Because upthread it says that there is no more fast lane at DUB.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So there is a fast lane then? Because upthread it says that there is no more fast lane at DUB.
The airport has temporarily suspended ad-hoc sales of "Fast Track". Those entitled via class of travel (Business/First) to Fast Track can, of course, use Fast Track.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The airport has temporarily suspended ad-hoc sales of "Fast Track". Those entitled via class of travel (Business/First) to Fast Track can, of course, use Fast Track.
Ah, that explains it. Good news actually, less people in the fast track lane.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I am glad things are improving. I am Platinum and no Fast Track in any shape or form was available when I travelled there. I had a strong incentive to look for it !

The airport was an utter mess - made ADP look like a model airport operator in comparison !
Old May 22, 2022, 4:42 am

Passing through DUB mid-week, at around noon.

Zero wait to access the conveyor belt through the fast lane with status and J class ticket (not sure which was the one that got me the access). However, then another 20 minutes to go through: only one metal detection gate, and then the most absurd thing: 80% of items going through X-ray were taken out for a secondary inspection. Some of them because of people's stupidity ("of course this is a computer, but the battery is empty, so why would I take it out if it doesn't work"), some because the person looking at the screen was not good in identifying things (in my case it was the shape of the shoe trees that made him thing that I might be hijacking the next plane), and according to the security people "most of them were random checks". Not very random if hardly any bags make it through without a second inspection.

And to top it all off, another "random check" on my way to the gate, where they stop some people and make them go through the hand and luggage swipe. Relatively quick, but when one is already in a rush because of the slow security controls then it's infuriating. If the first security check isn't good enough to be trusted, then the second check should be done to all passenger. If the first one is deemed sufficiently diligent, then what is the point of the second one?
Old May 23, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the first security check isn't good enough to be trusted, then the second check should be done to all passenger. If the first one is deemed sufficiently diligent, then what is the point of the second one?
The idea of random secondary screening is hardly a novel idea and reflects the notion that no security check is 100% reliable so adding an element of redundancy through random secondary check may be useful. It is a bit like asking why there is occasional random secondary screening after going through the metal detector portal at main security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.