Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at CDG to Terminal 2G: USA-CDG-BSL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Connecting at CDG to Terminal 2G: USA-CDG-BSL

If I arrive from the USA (flying in J) and have to connect to Terminal 2G, is there any chance for me to first use the lounge in 2F and then take a bus to 2G? Most important to me: I will need a shower before my onward flight as I need to go straight to the office upon landing at BSL. Furthermore, I have read that the 2G lounge has a shower but only 1 and can have long waits. I have also read that the new 2F lounge is very nice.

On my return from BSL, I will again need to use Terminal 2G. If I fly BSL-CDG-USA, will I have to re-clear security in CDG?

Thank you for your advice. I have flown through CDG a number of times but never involving Terminal 2G.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No, you won’t be able to go to 2F, this is totally out of the pathway of such a connection. The lounge in 2G is nice, not as nice as new 2F, but perfectly OK.
On the return, you won’t have to re-clear security.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: FB Gold
^this. The lounge in 2G is nice and also recently renovated (I think it finished 2018 and hasn't been used since Covid), and not that crowded.

Plus, the passport côntrole is separate/shorter for Non-Schengen/Schengen at 2G.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No, you won’t be able to go to 2F, this is totally out of the pathway of such a connection. The lounge in 2G is nice, not as nice as new 2F, but perfectly OK.
On the return, you won’t have to re-clear security.
Thanks, Goldorak.

After reading your reply, I note that I came across this map on the CDG official website: https://www.parisaeroport.fr/images/...s-bassedef.jpg
and also this status sheet for shuttles https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...minal-shuttles

It suggests that the airside buses between 2G and 2E are not currently running.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
And AFAIK there are 2 showers in the 2G lounge.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Thanks, Goldorak.

After reading your reply, I note that I came across this map on the CDG official website: https://www.parisaeroport.fr/images/...s-bassedef.jpg
and also this status sheet for shuttles https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...minal-shuttles

It suggests that the airside buses between 2G and 2E are not currently running.
likely an outdated info as 2G has just reopened. There's no way the shuttles have not been reinstated, but with ADP, it will take them another year before they think about updating their website
Buster CT1K, jkler and Stil like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

So I am the OP and I did this transfer this week from 2E-K to 2G. This connection does involve first going through security at 2F and then passport control at 2F and then you can proceed either to any 2F or 2G gate. There is currently no direct bus from 2E-K to 2G. There was nothing stopping me from going to the 2F salon, but I decided not to do so and took the bus that connects 2F to 2G.

The 2G salon is quite nice. It does have 2 shower rooms, but one is in the men's toilet and one is in the women's toilet so does not permit both to be used by persons of the same sex at the same time. I was lucky to be the first person to request a shower room -- I can imagine that a backlog can easily arise and later in the morning I overheard another passenger being told that he had to wait for a shower.
newflyer27 and Goldorak like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Also had a pretty ridiculous and circuitous transfer from 2G to 2F then through passport control at 2F and then a bus ride back to 2M a couple of days ago. The only good thing to come out of it was a chance to visit the 2F lounge. Unfortunately the 2F lounge was pretty full with a number of bodies just lying around the couches or feet up and pointing at other passengers (so many barbarians). The wine glasses were not particularly clean (e.g. lipstick stains) and I had to carefully look at them before choosing one. 2F lounge was also quite far from the bus stops.

Gosset champagne was acceptable though not particularly fresh. Daube of beef was tasty if you could get the better pieces.

2M lounge was way too hot with insufficient air conditioning.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
(...) Unfortunately the 2F lounge was pretty full with a number of bodies just lying around the couches or feet up and pointing at other passengers (so many barbarians). (...).
This is what struck me upon my first visit of this lounge (and again on other visits). What a design flaw!

It is as if the people who designed this lounge were amateurs who had no idea on how people behave. The design of the banquettes should prevent people from lying on them and using up 3-4 seating spaces.

I suspect that if we complained to AF about this, they would answer that they cannot be held responsible for the lack of manners of some of their guests.

I could not disagree more with this argument.

Isn't it the designers' job to anticipate individuals' as well as crowd's behaviours in order to ensure the best use of the place with optimum comfort for the majority of the guests?

An airport lounge should not only look beautiful on brochures and websites. It should be stylish AND practical. It should not excessively favour the former at the expense of the latter. In this regard, I think that the design studio commissioned by AF failed.
Buster CT1K and saraoutou like this.

Last edited by carnarvon; May 17, 2022 at 11:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.