Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone flown AF to Italy after Feb 1st?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Has anyone flown AF to Italy after Feb 1st?

I am flying to Milano in a few days and I just got an automated email from AF listing the covid-requirements to enter Italy.

Unfortunately AF has not updated the requirements so the list includes the PCR/antigen test-requirement that was removed on Feb 1st for us that are flying from the EU.

Is AF actually enforcing this?

What should I do if asked for tests? Will they take the time to look up the correct requirements? airfrance.traveldoc.aero information seems more up to date.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ticino
What should I do if asked for tests? Will they take the time to look up the correct requirements? airfrance.traveldoc.aero information seems more up to date.
of course they will. No worries.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I am flying to Italy this evening and will let you know. anyway, I already managed to get the ready2fly logo without sending any test, so I think it's all ok.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Flew CDG-VCE on 1 Feb: no need for test and no check, but the purser did have much troubles figuring out how to enforce the FFP2 mask rule.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Thank you for your replies! I'm glad to see I can upload all the necessary documentes beforehand and get them approved.

For clarification, I didn't really think we'd have any problems but I was a bit nervous as we were almost denied boarding in Madrid a couple of weeks ago as Iberia didn't have the latest requirements for our destination
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by straniero
I am flying to Italy this evening and will let you know. anyway, I already managed to get the ready2fly logo without sending any test, so I think it's all ok.
I also confirm no checks on the antigen, although the agent at the starting point (MAD) asked for it. I had to remind him it's not necessary anymore since Feb 1 and he remembered / agreed.
good point on the FFP2 mask TATLTAIL, this has been enforced on both inbound and outbound flights from Italy (Milan at least).
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by straniero; Feb 4, 2022 at 10:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.