Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris-Seoul, 2-3-2 Seating in Business ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Paris-Seoul, 2-3-2 Seating in Business ?

Seat Map - CDG-ICN - Business
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:06 am
Original Poster

I was very surprised to see this layout appear ? Is Air France really using this sort of equipment to Seoul ?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very surprising indeed but the seat map is self-explanatory
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very surprising indeed but the seat map is self-explanatory

Brings back memories of L’Espace 127 😄

This would appear to be standard equipment on the route - it’s the same on the way back.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Asia is still mostly closed because of covid and AF has very few flights to Asia.
But it is surprising that they use a "loisir" config with antique seats.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
Brings back memories of L’Espace 127 😄

This would appear to be standard equipment on the route - it’s the same on the way back.
Originally Posted by brunos
Asia is still mostly closed because of covid and AF has very few flights to Asia.
But it is surprising that they use a "loisir" config with antique seats.
Before Covid, ICN was served with BEST cabins.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:37 pm

Seat Map - CDG-ICN - Business
Same plane configuration for MRU has been loaded into GDS on some days
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Before Covid, ICN was served with BEST cabins.
Slight correction. BEST cabins would only appear at ICN during the winter season, firstly with the 16J 777-200 and more recently with the A350-900.

Most of the year the route would be served by a loisir 777-300.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
What a shame to still offer this product. I thought they would use the pandemic to finally get rid of it...
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Digicola
Slight correction. BEST cabins would only appear at ICN during the winter season, firstly with the 16J 777-200 and more recently with the A350-900.

Most of the year the route would be served by a loisir 777-300.
OK to be proven wrong on this one as you may be more regular than me on this route, but this is not my experience in non-Covid time (never had the NEV4 seat since BEST introduction). 16J is not a regular config for the B772 fleet. 16J is only during the "Quick Change" periods (French school holiday periods with less business travels during which they were removing some rows of J to add more Y seats).
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Bullspread
Same plane configuration for MRU has been loaded into GDS on some days
I got an equipment swap from 14 seater COI to 16 BEST at <T-24 to MRU today. Strange this did not trigger zero availability in Y since 16 BEST configuration seems to be 777-200. W changed from 2 to 0 so it's not very informative.

Correcting myself: it is still 14 seats, so same 77W but retrofitted with new seats.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
OK to be proven wrong on this one as you may be more regular than me on this route, but this is not my experience in non-Covid time (never had the NEV4 seat since BEST introduction). 16J is not a regular config for the B772 fleet. 16J is only during the "Quick Change" periods (French school holiday periods with less business travels during which they were removing some rows of J to add more Y seats).
The route suffers from overcapacity during the winter because KE uses an A380 year round, makes for a rather comfortable ride with many empty seats during the colder months. A350 is a treat of course.

During the summer the route is jam packed and extra lift is required which explains the 77W on AF's side. More recently they've had 3x weekly extra flights during the summer season which were indeed with BEST equipped 777-200 (the 40J varient I believe?) so technically you are correct.

Other than that the loisirs 777-300 have always been a mainstay on this route to my dismay. Needless to say, I was rather glad that my travel shifted more towards TYO before covid. The japanese always get the good stuff

On a side note, during the summer KE used to have an 8th weekly flight with a 77W which became a 747-8 in 2019, quite a treat I must say, especially in J.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Digicola
Other than that the loisirs 777-300 have always been a mainstay on this route to my dismay. Needless to say, I was rather glad that my travel shifted more towards TYO before covid. The japanese always get the good stuff .
I had the same frustration for many years in going to Santiago. Chile always got the old equipment while Buenos Aires always got the good stuff!
Digicola and Arpoador like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I had the same frustration for many years in going to Santiago. Chile always got the old equipment while Buenos Aires always got the good stuff!
same for GIG vs GRU...
Arpoador likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
GIG is a leisure destination, GRU business.

DL has tended to put old aircraft 767-300) on the EZE route, although it switched to an A330 a couple years before COVID-19.

When I saw the thread tittle, my first thought was a KE operated codeshare since KE has lots of aircraft with 2-3-2 business class configurations. (Their A380s are 2-2-2 and do have a bar area.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.