Search

Booking a codeshare flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Booking a codeshare flight

Hi guys,

why isn’t it possible anymore to book codeshare flights on AF website ?
I booked a flight CDG-FCO, and the Alitalia flights are no longer listed on the booking system.
Thanks

Sacha
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
why isn’t it possible anymore to book codeshare flights on AF website ?
Alitalia pulled the plug on codesharing with AF and with KL on trunk European routes three years ago.

They then went further and pulled codesharing from a slate of intercontinental destinations.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that AFKL and AZ are partners anymore; AZ recapitalized and shrunk AFKL's holding down to practically zero when AFKL didn't want to participate in an earlier round of funding. AZ has terminated most commercial agreements with AFKL and took back the slotpairs at LIN airport that AFKL had been using, which was almost all of AFKL's slotpairs at Linate; AFKL, in turn, has frozen AZ out of their new transatlantic JVs.

They are not partners; to assume that they still codeshare in the manner you suggest has not been the case for some time.

If there even is an AF code on any of Alitalia's flights between Paris and Rome, then it would only be available as part of a longhaul ticket and then probably only from a limited number of origins/destinations; there simply is no question of codesharing on short flights between each other's hubs anymore.

AF flies between CDG and FCO; book an Air France flight.

If you must fly with Alitalia, then you won't be able to use your AF or KL voucher and should book the ticket directly from Alitalia.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
I prefer flying with AF.
It was just out of curiosity
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.