Wiki Posts
Search

July schedule loaded

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

July schedule loaded

It looks like AF has now loaded the July schedule. Compared to June, the increase seems to be at a homeopathic scale.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And August too.
I received a cancellation notification for 1st week of august (BOS)
the increase on domestic program seems significant compared to June (but still quite far from the regular one of course). I didn't check the medium-haul program but I expect it will increase in link with intra-Schengen borders reopening. But for long haul, yes it will be homeopathic scale, as you said . Too many uncertainties on borders reopening.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And August too.
I received a cancellation for mid-August YYZ-CDG (they reduced from 2 flights AF 351& AF393 -> 1 flight per day AF351 only).

France may not open its borders by that time either...
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I didn't check the medium-haul program but I expect it will increase in link with intra-Schengen borders reopening.
On the routes that interest me, increase is marginal (from 2 to 3 flights a day between LHR and CDG, for instance; CDG-AMS remains at one flight a day, etc...). Thinner routes operated by HOP out of 2G remain at 0 flights/day.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
On the routes that interest me, increase is marginal (from 2 to 3 flights a day between LHR and CDG, for instance; CDG-AMS remains at one flight a day, etc...). Thinner routes operated by HOP out of 2G remain at 0 flights/day.
That sucks.
And I just received another cancellation for early july for a domestic flight booked a week ago
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:01 am

Funny Air France updates July and August schedules, but still scheduling A380 on August flights i.e. CDG-ATL. Either further changes to come, or AF reversed its decision to retire A380...thinking option one is more likely.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:25 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I also have just had my 28th August CDG-SIN flight cancelled. At least AF have made the online refund process possible and I do have get another unwanted voucher.

My next booked trip is in December and I expect that to be cancelled also.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by siw
I also have just had my 28th August CDG-SIN flight cancelled. At least AF have made the online refund process possible and I do have get another unwanted voucher.

My next booked trip is in December and I expect that to be cancelled also.
Unfortunately, I don't think that one should expect till year-end more than two or three weekly on longhaul destinations where the flight was daily.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: FB platinum
And I just received another cancellation for early july for a domestic flight booked a week ago
I had flights ORY - PGF for the week-end of July 14th that were silently moved to CDG - PGF (there is no ORY/PGF at all available, it looks like the route got axed). I did not receive any communication, I just looked in the app since several messages on FT mentionned the updated schedules. I guess at least I can still go to PGF
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:52 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Our flight Yvr-cdg August 29 Air France was cancelled as well.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: FB Plat
I had a booking ORY-NCE for early July.
ORY-NCE flight has been clearly cancelled, rebooked on the next flight that has also been cancelled and then finally on the next available flight that is still confirmed!
Surprisingly, NCE-ORY flight remains confirmed on the website and on the app but I have received an email stating it has been cancelled.

Anyway I was willing to cancel the whole trip as the reason I was going to Nice vanished with the Covid.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:48 am

Intercontinental schedule summary

Summary of the international network that will be in place for July and August.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-10jun20/
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCJoe1

I think you mean intercontinental rather than international.
Yoshi212 and DCJoe1 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DCJoe1

ORD and GIG on the 789 instead of the 332 and NEV4-77W - can they please keep that afterwards?

Paris-Papeete via Pointe-à-Pitre is interesting as well. A "domestic" flight of considerable length!
Yoshi212 likes this.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jun 12, 2020 at 1:26 am
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
ORD and GIG on the 789 instead of the 332 and NEV4-77W - can they please keep that afterwards?

Paris-Papeete via Port-au-Prince is interesting as well. A "domestic" flight of considerable length!
Pointe a Pitre, in Guadeloupe, a French overseas territory, not Port au Prince, Haiti have been enjoying their independence for a while now.

That's a very interesting one though, I suppose the US market for Tahiti is zero for now and they prefer to limit visitors to Europeans only (and mostly French). And most French people flying from Paris to Tahiti used to hate connecting in LAX, because dealing with US immigration when one will not even stay in the US is hell. I have a friend who got pulled up twice by US authorities because his name looks like a name on their lists and almost missed the connection, and had to deal with the stress.
Yoshi212 and Wil973 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.