Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many times can we change a non refundable ticket ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

how many times can we change a non refundable ticket ?

With the new booking condition, any idea how many times we can change a non refundable / changeable domestic "light" ticket for free ?
I'm not sure of my new date yet and may need ot change it more than once

Thank you very much
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:17 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CGRA
With the new booking condition, any idea how many times we can change a non refundable / changeable domestic "light" ticket for free ?
I'm not sure of my new date yet and may need ot change it more than once

Thank you very much
if you are not sure and your booking is concerned by coronavirus , then i would suggest to take the voucher option , unless you are flexible
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
if I take the voucher and rebook immediately, can I change my new flights ?

changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket it’ll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Thank you.
If you want to modify your flights you need to check the terms and conditions of the new ticket you will book

changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket it’ll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
You need a cristal ball to guess how situation will be in july to be honest , so it is up to you to take the gamble
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Got an email that my flight is cancelled and I rebooked for July.
Hopefully the new non changeable ticket will still be changeable as per the exception to the rule.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Changed already ticket from June to go home earlier for my friend, then changed the date and then let her in Canada until the end of May, so 3 changes total, but the line knew I was Platinum and told me they'd do it because they don't know if it is allowed or not anyway so.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
There’s no limit and the original fare conditions apply in the case of tickets that have refund fees. For example, I’ve twice changed my ticket at no cost. If I cancel and don’t take a voucher, I’d have to pay the original cancellation fee of $500.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thank you.

Then why would you even ask such a question?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Then why would you even ask such a question?
Because I'm not sure that I'll take the July trip.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Because I'm not sure that I'll take the July trip.
All the more reason not to "cash out" now and pay extra for flights you don't even know you want....all the more when you say you can change what you have to July for no charge
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
Thank you.

no need to take the voucher, just change your flights. There’re no fees for changing into the same travel cabin and no limit to number of changes. The website shows fare changes when modifying the flight but on the final page the fare changes are not charged. If you can’t travel before Nov, then take the voucher. However, even this date may eventually be extended.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:47 am

Most tickets expire in 12-13 months, so rebooking later with the same ticket number only works up to a point.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by walkermom
no need to take the voucher, just change your flights. There’re no fees for changing into the same travel cabin and no limit to number of changes. The website shows fare changes when modifying the flight but on the final page the fare changes are not charged. If you can’t travel before Nov, then take the voucher. However, even this date may eventually be extended.
thank you very much for these info, that’s perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.