how many times can we change a non refundable ticket ?

Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:32 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
how many times can we change a non refundable ticket ?

With the new booking condition, any idea how many times we can change a non refundable / changeable domestic "light" ticket for free ?
I'm not sure of my new date yet and may need ot change it more than once

Thank you very much
CGRA is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:17 pm
  #2  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: RBA / TBS
Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Posts: 2,736
Originally Posted by CGRA
With the new booking condition, any idea how many times we can change a non refundable / changeable domestic "light" ticket for free ?
I'm not sure of my new date yet and may need ot change it more than once

Thank you very much
if you are not sure and your booking is concerned by coronavirus , then i would suggest to take the voucher option , unless you are flexible
fifty_two is online now  
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:29 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
Thank you.
if I take the voucher and rebook immediately, can I change my new flights ?

changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket it’ll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
CGRA is offline  
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:49 pm
  #4  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: RBA / TBS
Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Posts: 2,736
Originally Posted by CGRA
Thank you.
if I take the voucher and rebook immediately, can I change my new flights ?
If you want to modify your flights you need to check the terms and conditions of the new ticket you will book

Originally Posted by CGRA
changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket itll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
You need a cristal ball to guess how situation will be in july to be honest , so it is up to you to take the gamble
Often1 likes this.
fifty_two is online now  
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:30 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
Got an email that my flight is cancelled and I rebooked for July.
Hopefully the new non changeable ticket will still be changeable as per the exception to the rule.
CGRA is offline  
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:10 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: VIE/PRG
Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Posts: 1,591
Changed already ticket from June to go home earlier for my friend, then changed the date and then let her in Canada until the end of May, so 3 changes total, but the line knew I was Platinum and told me they'd do it because they don't know if it is allowed or not anyway so.
747jetter is online now  
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:51 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
Posts: 33
Theres no limit and the original fare conditions apply in the case of tickets that have refund fees. For example, Ive twice changed my ticket at no cost. If I cancel and dont take a voucher, Id have to pay the original cancellation fee of $500.
walkermom is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:44 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,638
Originally Posted by CGRA
Thank you.
if I take the voucher and rebook immediately, can I change my new flights ?

changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket it’ll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
Then why would you even ask such a question?
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:44 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Then why would you even ask such a question?
Because I'm not sure that I'll take the July trip.
CGRA is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:18 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,638
Originally Posted by CGRA
Because I'm not sure that I'll take the July trip.
All the more reason not to "cash out" now and pay extra for flights you don't even know you want....all the more when you say you can change what you have to July for no charge
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:52 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by CGRA
Thank you.
if I take the voucher and rebook immediately, can I change my new flights ?

changing my current flights for July will cost nothing but if I need to buy a new ticket itll be much more expensive that my actual ticket
no need to take the voucher, just change your flights. Therere no fees for changing into the same travel cabin and no limit to number of changes. The website shows fare changes when modifying the flight but on the final page the fare changes are not charged. If you cant travel before Nov, then take the voucher. However, even this date may eventually be extended.
walkermom is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:47 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,632
Most tickets expire in 12-13 months, so rebooking later with the same ticket number only works up to a point.
xooz is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:32 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
Originally Posted by walkermom
no need to take the voucher, just change your flights. Therere no fees for changing into the same travel cabin and no limit to number of changes. The website shows fare changes when modifying the flight but on the final page the fare changes are not charged. If you cant travel before Nov, then take the voucher. However, even this date may eventually be extended.
thank you very much for these info, thats perfect.
CGRA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.