Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Layover in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:43 am
Original Poster

International Layover in CDG

I`m looking to book a flight BWI-ATL-CDG-ATH in September flying Delta Airlines (operated by Air France). My question is we have a 1.5 hr layover in CDG in which it looks like we change planes. Would I do customs in CDG even though I`m going to Athens? Will this just be a quick Passport Control type of thing? Is an hour and a half enough time to do this at CDG?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Flight Connections Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport
NickB likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:59 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As the issue relates to a transfer within AF's hub at CDG, I am moving the thread to the Air France forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
France forum moderator
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I connect international to intra-Europe regularly through CDG. I dislike connections between 2E and 2F of less than two and a half hours at this airport. I have priority and lounge access with AF and will take 4 hour connection over a 2 hour connection. There's just too many potential choke points. Transport to the 2E main terminal from Halls L or M; Passport Control; then Security going into 2F. The last two times I was doing this, someone left an unattended bag in 2F, and the hall was closed for about a half an hour. Which did wonders for the Security Check lines. Priority helps in this airport, so if you have it, find it and use it.
You can make a short connection at CDG and AF is pretty good about holding flights when things happen, but to me at least, CDG is one of the worst places to be in a rush.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
There's an interesting Youtube video of a guy exiting his plane in hall M to make his connection in 2F, probably what you will have to do, and he keeps the camera rolling the entire time except for the security part - hence there are two videos. From the jetway to passport control/security it takes about 14 and a half minutes and looks exhausting. He doesn't say how long security and passport control took but from there to his gate it was another 3 minutes. It seems he got lucky with no back-ups occurring.

maxjasper likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Yesterday I flew SFO-CDG-MAD with 1 hr 15 min connection at CDG and I was unnecessarily worried. YMMV of course but we landed 10 min early and I still had enough time for 20 min in the lounge. I did have priority access though. Security into 2F was surprisingly light at around 11:30 am and there was no line at passport control.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There will be a passport check (you are entering Schengen) and possibly transfer security. Unless you are importing goods into France, (or Greece) you won't have any interaction with customs at all.

I'm sure we had exactly the same question in another thread yesterday.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dinkins
I`m looking to book a flight BWI-ATL-CDG-ATH in September flying Delta Airlines (operated by Air France). My question is we have a 1.5 hr layover in CDG in which it looks like we change planes. Would I do customs in CDG even though I`m going to Athens? Will this just be a quick Passport Control type of thing? Is an hour and a half enough time to do this at CDG?
more than enough time in normal circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.