Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kulusuk and Ilulissat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Kulusuk and Ilulissat?

So this is what I saw on the board at CDG 2F

New destinations? ;-) (I know not)

Three flights to Greenland? What is this? Cargo?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Curious. They've been happening all week, either 777s or A320s. No major events seem to be going on there and even during the peak tourist season, there isn't the passenger demand for those kind of birds. Don't see AF publicly marketing these flights. Might be military related.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA:GOLD
Those are for visitors/press. They get a ticket to ILULISSAT just to get past the control.
af fp and bostontraveler like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by frausflyer
Those are for visitors/press. They get a ticket to ILULISSAT just to get past the control.
Flightaware is showing actual flights... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...030Z/LFPG/BGJN
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I am still laughing... love it !!!!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Curious. They've been happening all week, either 777s or A320s. No major events seem to be going on there and even during the peak tourist season, there isn't the passenger demand for those kind of birds. Don't see AF publicly marketing these flights. Might be military related.
there are no scheduled flights to my knowledge to Greenland... correct me if I'm wrong

my thought as well...maybe building up forces against a Trump purchase?
ShopAround and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Flightaware is showing actual flights... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...030Z/LFPG/BGJN
From March 2016.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
...but this one too https://air-france.flight-status.info/af-7990
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atflyer
regular passenger service
flight duration 12 hours
cargo capaciry zero

?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
What is very strange is that this flight doesn't appear in flightradar map; Also the real departure and arrival time are exactly the same as the scheduled one for the flights the previous day; I suspect it is an IT test of system between Paris Airport system and AF IT system... ?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by pascalgr
What is very strange is that this flight doesn't appear in flightradar map; Also the real departure and arrival time are exactly the same as the scheduled one for the flights the previous day; I suspect it is an IT test of system between Paris Airport system and AF IT system... ?

Yeah I’m wondering that too, some kind of “ghost” flight that’s on paper (or bytes) only. Not sure either of the airports have the runway length for a 777.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

My guess is military.
I’ve seen this happen before with some aircraft not shown on flight aware.
maybe better not to ask more questions.......
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:26 pm

There’s something amiss. Don’t know why I didn’t bother looking up the runway lengths but finally got around to it. Flightaware claims a 772 went to Kuluskuk. The airport is a 1,199 m gravel runway. The 772 needs a minimum 2,211 m. asphalt one. Not happening.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black

Here is the proof.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's just reproducing the published "flight" details.

Flightaware does not verify that every single flight it listed actually occurred, and then remove the spurious data. But if you look at the data on that page, you will see that no speed or altitude readings are presented; if click through to the Flight Track Log, you will see that Flightradar presents no evidence that any such flight was ever performed:

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flig.../BGJN/tracklog
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.