Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF J - Service à la française program??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
AF J - Service à la française program??

We are fliying LHR - PER with AF Business next month (in 27 days), with the main flight being CDG-SIN. I was searching around on the net found what appears to be quite a recent article about food options;

https://www.inflightfeed.com/airfrance/

On flights from Paris-Charles de Gaulle to Los Angeles, New York, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai and Tokyo passengers in first and business class can access the Service à la française (French style) program. It allows you to personalise your dining experience by choosing your meal in advance of your flight.
Anyone know anything about this 'Service à la française program' they mention as I cant find it on the AF website.

When I log into my booking online is seems to suggest I can pre-choose my meal, but theres no way to actually choose it. Does anyone have any experience of being able to pre-choose their standard meals? ('Order Now' button does nothing)

Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Just an update on this. AF conformed to me via Twitter that since July 2019 this is only available on flights to/from Tokyo Haneda.

You can also pre-select your hot meal on New York bound AF006, AF008, AF010, plus AF276 to Narita and AF454-AF456 to Sao Paulo.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by npturner
Just an update on this. AF conformed to me via Twitter that since July 2019 this is only available on flights to/from Tokyo Haneda.

You can also pre-select your hot meal on New York bound AF006, AF008, AF010, plus AF276 to Narita and AF454-AF456 to Sao Paulo.
Indeed, prime example of service à la française!
Braniff likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You got the information on some blog..And the AF website never mentions it.
Maybe the blogger has some advanced information and AF is progressively introducing it on some routes.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Service à la française is when you get your meal directly in the galley... Because the service is on strike
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
You got the information on some blog..And the AF website never mentions it.
Maybe the blogger has some advanced information and AF is progressively introducing it on some routes.
If you look at my update post a couple of posts up you can see that AF conformed to me that they have discontinued it on all but a few flights.
Also, I did end up finding mention of it, but only on the Air France US site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.