Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E Security Explanation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

CDG 2E Security Explanation

Howdy all-

just trying to wrap my head around inter concourse and intra concourse changes at 2E as it regards the security process when changing from one flight to another.

the CDG website is still a little unclear to me. What I’d like to know is when coming off an inbound flight and changing to an outbound flight - do you exit the plane into the terminal and experience a security check at the new gate - or are you segregated from the population and brought to a central location for security? Is the process any different if I change from 2E-L to 2E-L versus 2E-L to 2E-M (other than having to take the train)?

i am meeting a friend at CDG and we will both flying on the same outbound flight and he wanted to know if he can meet me at my inbound gate since he’ll be there before me.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by strider78747
Howdy all-

just trying to wrap my head around inter concourse and intra concourse changes at 2E as it regards the security process when changing from one flight to another.

the CDG website is still a little unclear to me. What I’d like to know is when coming off an inbound flight and changing to an outbound flight - do you exit the plane into the terminal and experience a security check at the new gate - or are you segregated from the population and brought to a central location for security? Is the process any different if I change from 2E-L to 2E-L versus 2E-L to 2E-M (other than having to take the train)?

i am meeting a friend at CDG and we will both flying on the same outbound flight and he wanted to know if he can meet me at my inbound gate since he’ll be there before me.
Hello!

To answer your question in a sentence, no your friend will not be able to meet you at your inbound gate.

In more detail: You will arrive at any of the three concourses segregated from the departures flow, where you will either take the train to your departure concourse (or stay in your current concourse), and clear security at your departure concourse. You will be then be able to meet your friend post-security. This process is exactly the same for every terminal at CDG (except the schengen ones where you still are segregated from departures but don't need to reclear security to get back into departures.)
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Joyu12 has told you everything. Just meet your friend at the departure gate of the 2nd flight.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Or at the lounge... but still the same departure concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.