Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advanced booking for Paris-Corsica not available after Mar 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Advanced booking for Paris-Corsica not available after Mar 2020

I'm planning to travel from Paris (CDG or ORY) to Corsica (AJA or BIA) in 2020. I can see that on most destinations, booking is available close to a year ahead, even domestically (e.g. today, CDG to MRS is available until May 16 2020). But for Corsica, both AJA and BIA, it has been stuck for a while at Mar 28, 2020. Any idea why AF is not loading inventory for April or May?
Old May 24, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by jeanlucsf
I'm planning to travel from Paris (CDG or ORY) to Corsica (AJA or BIA) in 2020. I can see that on most destinations, booking is available close to a year ahead, even domestically (e.g. today, CDG to MRS is available until May 16 2020). But for Corsica, both AJA and BIA, it has been stuck for a while at Mar 28, 2020. Any idea why AF is not loading inventory for April or May?
I'll double check but the public service obligation contract between Corsica and XK/AF ends in 2020. The new public service obligation contact is out on tender at the moment. This might be part of the reason why AF has not loaded inventory yet.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by joyu12
I'll double check but the public service obligation contract between Corsica and XK/AF ends in 2020. The new public service obligation contact is out on tender at the moment. This might be part of the reason why AF has not loaded inventory yet.
I am sure this is the reason.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Good find. I found online that the PSO ends May 24, 2020. Any info or guess on when the new contract(s) would be awarded? I have seen airlines publish inventory with a "subject to government approval" disclaimer. I imagine that AF could do that, but chooses not to.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jeanlucsf
Good find. I found online that the PSO ends May 24, 2020. Any info or guess on when the new contract(s) would be awarded? I have seen airlines publish inventory with a "subject to government approval" disclaimer. I imagine that AF could do that, but chooses not to.
Hard to know. But frankly, why do you want to buy domestic flights 1 year in advance ?? I am sure you have your reasons, but that seems a bit weird to me.
brunos likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

@Goldorak: The reason I'm planning to book 1 year in advance is that it's actually an international ticket (SFO-CDG-AJA, AJA-CDG-SFO) that I want to book with awards. I'm considering returning early July, which is a high demand period (on SFO-CDG, CDG-SFO), so seats priced around 30K miles will go quickly, leaving seats at 60K or higher.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
The tickets will go on sale only in September from what i have heard for Corsican routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.