Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Codeshare question

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

AF Codeshare question

I hope this is the right place to ask this! I'm looking at flights in July. AF4130 CDG - TSE is a codeshare with Air Astana (KC224). It looks to me like AF4130 only has 2 business class seats on each flight, and you can't book into economy on AF4130 (although there is plenty of availability on KC224). Also, even if I just look for business class, I can't seem to get a quote for UIO - CDG (AF641) CDG - TSE (AF4130). It's complicated by flights only being running on certain days, but it should be possible leaving Quito on Thursdays or Saturdays and connecting in CDG on the Friday or Sunday after the overnight flight.

Is it possible to book economy seats on AF4130? Why can't I get a quote for UIO-CDG-TSE? Is it the codeshare that's causing the problem? I really don't know much about codeshares, but this route would save me about 10 hours of travel time. Is there any way I can make this route work? Thanks!
Old May 14, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi,

Best thing to do is to call AF call-center.

I don't know where you based, but they should be able to give you as much help as possible to book this journey.

Btw, have you tried booking on OTA ?
Old May 14, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It likely the code-share that causes the issue. May be AF doesn’t have the right to sell this code-share in connection or with a point of sale in Ecuador. As Coder33 said, calling AF is the best thing to do.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I've tried everything online that I can think of. It's difficult for me to call at the moment, but I will try next week. However, I won't be booking the ticket, the client will, using their travel agent. They are quite happy with the longer, cheaper multi-stop flight. If I want the shorter, more expensive, flight, I have to argue my case and prove that this is a standard route with availability, but I guess it's not, so I'm probably out of luck anyway.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by pboae
Thanks, I've tried everything online that I can think of. It's difficult for me to call at the moment, but I will try next week. However, I won't be booking the ticket, the client will, using their travel agent. They are quite happy with the longer, cheaper multi-stop flight. If I want the shorter, more expensive, flight, I have to argue my case and prove that this is a standard route with availability, but I guess it's not, so I'm probably out of luck anyway.
PM me your flights details and I'll try to give you an official AF-quotation ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.