Wiki Posts
Search

"Priority check-in" for Silver pax

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
"Priority check-in" for Silver pax

My father is travelling tomorrow from CDG to MIA with AF. He is FB Silver.

Is there still a priority check-in and bagage drop at CDG 2E for Silver/STE? Can he access the Skypriority check in area?

AF web is not clear about it (and probably on purpose).
Old May 7, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: FB Gold
Use the Skypriority queue for check-in.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mlin32
Use the Skypriority queue for check-in.
At 2E there is a dedicated line for Silvers but it is decoupled from the true Sky Priority (Platinum+, Gold, STE, Business, PE). However I cannot remember if it is in the same zone as Sky Priority or not. In any case the agents will redirect you to the correct line.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by flyingjapans
At 2E there is a dedicated line for Silvers but it is decoupled from the true Sky Priority (Platinum+, Gold, STE, Business, PE). However I cannot remember if it is in the same zone as Sky Priority or not. In any case the agents will redirect you to the correct line.
I recently accompanied a relative traveling out of 2E and who is AF Silver. AF agents redirected her to... the regular Economy check-in

FWIW
Old May 7, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed, no more SkyP check in for Silver in CDG for years now.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed, no more SkyP check in for Silver in CDG for years now.
wow there’s really not much left then for Silver pax.
IMO AF is being a bit dishonest when including « priority check-in and boarding » in the list of perks for Silvers.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Satie

IMO AF is being a bit dishonest when including « priority check-in and boarding » in the list of perks for Silvers.
CDG 2E is the exception as Silvers are allowed to use SkyP lines everywhere else AFAIK.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: FB Gold
CDG 2E is the exception as Silvers are allowed to use SkyP lines everywhere else AFAIK.
+1. I misread the original post (thought OP was departing from Miami).

Personally haven't checked in at 2E ever since I'm almost always on connection or headed to 2G or 2F. But at other airports in France and Europe, I use the Skypriority check-in and boarding queue without issue
Old May 8, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
+1. I misread the original post (thought OP was departing from Miami).

Personally haven't checked in at 2E ever since I'm almost always on connection or headed to 2G or 2F. But at other airports in France and Europe, I use the Skypriority check-in and boarding queue without issue
You can't do it at NCE.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
At CDG 2E there is indeed a Silver/STE check-in line at some check-in areas, saves some time.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are conflicting information on this thread and in:
Another downgrade of benefits for FB Silver

As I will get back to silver soon (I was Plat and Gold for many many years), I am interested.
Silver benefits are summarized here:
https://www.flyingblue.com.hk/en/pro...tier-benefits)
and have also been detailed by Goldorak. As always with AF, execution is a problem and enforcement is variable.

Here is my interpretation of what should happen. Please correct me where I am wrong:

1. Check-in; Elite (silver) can use SP check in counters everywhere except at CDG E.

2. Security and immigration: No priority.

3. Boarding: board after SP/J. This is sometimes implemented on Longhaul but rarely on European/domestic flights. There is often only SP and the rest, and my experience at NCE is that Silver are forcefully denied SP boarding.

4.Bag delivery: No priority.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
in most areas, the Silver desk is at the very end of the checkin desk row, a bit hidden (back When I was silver, I couldn’t use the sky priority lane). Just to go to the dedicated check-in area for your flight, and there should be, especially in terminal 2E, I dedicated silver check in counter slightly hidden.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by Satie

To be fair, I still remember when I first received status 18 years ago (FP Bleue at the time) and being very excited about it.... until I was unceremoniously thrown out of the priority queue at my first check-in.... My first major reality check... So it is not really a downgrade, and things weren't always better in the past.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Frankly, it is rather fair not to provide same priority to Silver passengers than to SkyPriority PAX. It is clearly not the same achievement. As the airline is reluctant to deploy group boarding that would allow Silver PAX to board after SkyP, it is not easy to implement a Priority system without overloading the priority lanes.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / SkyTeam Elite Plus
Not sure if this helps but I flew from CDG's Terminal 2F last November (I'm FB Silver), and I was definitely allowed to use the Sky Priority check-in area. Same thing for my return trip from LIS. Signs at both check-ins said "we welcome Sky Priority passengers, etc. /// We also welcome Flying Blue Silver and SkyTeam Elite". Technically there is priority boarding but it wasn't reinforced in my case. And no priority security or baggage delivery.

Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.