Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Night Service (JFK)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
Is this still only offered at JFK?
Yes.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Yes.
Thanks.
Hopefully it'll expand to other airports at some point.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Also hoping to have the service at IAD. A few years ago when I flew JFK-CDG frequently, I used to arrive to the lounge early due to the early arrival of my inbound flight, so I had one of the menu choices and by the time AF9 departed I was hungry again and had dinner in the plane. I always hoped the service extended to AF19 as arriving into ORY on non-week days was my preferred choice.

The last few times I used the service, the FA came with a tablet and asked me if I wanted full dinner or only the appetizer/dessert/drink.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
The last few times I used the service, the FA came with a tablet and asked me if I wanted full dinner or only the appetizer/dessert/drink.
That’s the “Express Menu” (“Formule Rapide”), which they’ve offered for ages.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
It’s kind of unclear for me what is the status of this service for JFK-ORY on AF19. Even though it fits right in the slot of this night service (Departure at 8:30, after 7om) it sounds as if it is not really part of this service?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
It’s kind of unclear for me what is the status of this service for JFK-ORY on AF19. Even though it fits right in the slot of this night service (Departure at 8:30, after 7om) it sounds as if it is not really part of this service?
No night service for the ORY flight. The 2 eligible flights are AF011 and 009. But you can have some hot dishes served at your table. There are some signs with the dishes available. And you have the buffet for appetizer, cheese and deserts.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
No night service for the ORY flight. The 2 eligible flights are AF011 and 009. But you can have some hot dishes served at your table. There are some signs with the dishes available. And you have the buffet for appetizer, cheese and deserts.
So AF007, which departes after 7pm, is also excluded. It escapes me where this flight-dicrimination is coming from. I'm sure there must be some phylosophical reasoning behind it, captured in some brilliant acronym or something
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Zembla
So AF007, which departes after 7pm, is also excluded. It escapes me where this flight-dicrimination is coming from. I'm sure there must be some phylosophical reasoning behind it, captured in some brilliant acronym or something
yes AF007 is also excluded. Like you I don’t understand why they don’t apply this service to all flights. I have said this repeatedly to AF, without success so far.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM

Yes you can
The # of pax who opt for night service is now electronically transmitted to the the flight attendants via iPad. Very often on 011/009 there are half the meals boarded as seats in business class. Not sure how catering is able to estimate how many meals to provide on short notice but presumably/hopefully it's always enough. I've had a few CCP's question me at the gate whether they have enough meals, so not sure if there are always enough meals every time for a second one on the plane!
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:22 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I took AF9 in December, J-cabin was full and all except maybe 5 people went horizontal after wheels up.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by adambrau
The # of pax who opt for night service is now electronically transmitted to the the flight attendants via iPad
This is not new. Since they introduced the night service, the crew always had the info on their iPad.

Originally Posted by gkl
I took AF9 in December, J-cabin was full and all except maybe 5 people went horizontal after wheels up.
I took AF011 a month ago (This is the last flight I took. it's unbelievable what happened in one month, it seems another time/another world ). J was about 75% full and I believe everyone slept as soon as we were airborne. The AF lounge was much quieter than usual.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:36 pm

This is not new. Since they introduced the night service, the crew always had the info on their iPad.
We used to give a sheet of paper to the CCP until about a month ago, now it is just electronic. Some CCP's like the paper format other are more inclined to use the iPad. In any case I suppose the point is moot until the flight 011 and 009 are back.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by adambrau
We used to give a sheet of paper to the CCP until about a month ago, now it is just electronic. Some CCP's like the paper format other are more inclined to use the iPad. In any case I suppose the point is moot until the flight 011 and 009 are back.
Thanks for the info. Bolding is mine. Just curious : are you working for AF@JFK ?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:48 pm

Children's Meals?

Will be utilizing Night Service in late July 2021, assuming the world is somewhat returning to normal by then. Hopefully this service will be back to normal as well. Have 2 kids who aren't the pickiest eaters, but may be a bit turned off by standard Air France food. We flew economy Air France in 2019 and they were quite happy with the children's meals on offer. Any idea if we would be able to get something like that as part of JFK Night Service? Would be great to have a nice meal with everyone happy and full before getting on the 10:30 PM departure and hopefully sleep most of the flight. Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Will be utilizing Night Service in late July 2021, assuming the world is somewhat returning to normal by then. Hopefully this service will be back to normal as well. Have 2 kids who aren't the pickiest eaters, but may be a bit turned off by standard Air France food. We flew economy Air France in 2019 and they were quite happy with the children's meals on offer. Any idea if we would be able to get something like that as part of JFK Night Service? Would be great to have a nice meal with everyone happy and full before getting on the 10:30 PM departure and hopefully sleep most of the flight. Thanks.
We only have flight AF007 and AF011 currently. No night service for AF011. Not sure when night service might return but IMHO opinion it's going to be a while. Summer 2021 is a long way off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.