Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joyu12
Orly FAQ - Updated May 23rd 23

This wikipost keeps track of the different changes at Orly and to provide guidance to passengers traveling through Orly.

Terminals:
Since end of March 19, the old names for the two Orly terminals (Ouest/West and Sud/South) have been changed and Orly reorganized into a single terminal with four departure areas.
They are as following:

Orly 1 (Ex Ouest Hall 1 & 2):
Orly 1 is comprised of two boarding areas and two check-in areas, which do not change from what people have seen with Halls 1 and 2. The distribution is as follows:

Boarding Area A:
Amelia, ITA, Iberia, Vueling, Air Malta, Chalair, Lufthansa
A contract lounge (accepts Priority Pass and SkyTeam credentials) is available downstairs by gates A01-A05 straight after security to the left.

Boarding Area B:
EasyJet, Air Europa, TAP

Orly 2 (Ex Ouest halls 3 & 4):
Halls 3 & 4 has been merged into a single boarding area, the C-Gates.

This boarding area is used by Air France, Air Corsica & ITA Airways. The AF Schengen lounge is located above gates C14 - C20. TAP & ITA Airways have check-in in Orly 2, Air France and Air Corsica have check-in in Orly 3.

Orly 3 (New junction building):
This building links Orly 1/2 (ex-West) and Orly 4 (ex-South). This departure area is comprised of a single check-in area and security filter, with the split between gates E (Schengen) and D (Non-Schengen) happening after security and shopping areas. All check-in ops happen in Orly 3 for Air France (Short/medium and long-haul), as well as Transavia.

Boarding Area D (Non-Schengen):
Transavia, Air France, Eastern Airways
Air France Lounge located on the floor above boarding level, accessible straight after passport control.

Boarding Area E (Schengen):
Transavia, Wizz Air

Orly 4 (ex-South):
This terminal has now become a primarily Non-Schengen terminal with the bulk of airlines operating non-schengen flights.

Boarding Area F (former A-Gates):
Royal Air Maroc, Azul Airlines, Corsair, Tunisair, TUIfly, Air Algerie, La Compagnie, Frenchbee, Air Caraibes

How do i transfer at Orly?
Due to Orly undergoing significant change with the new junction building, the transfers will become easier and finally airside connections will become possible. This section will therefore evolve as more information becomes available.

You are arriving at the A-Gates:
At the moment, only an A to A connection is possible airside. If connecting to another flight at the A-Gates, you will need to turn left and head upstairs if arriving at gates A12-A17 (this seems to be a temporary arrangement while construction is ongoing), or you will arrive directly into the gate area. If you leave from any other departure area, you must leave the secure area and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the B-Gates:
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs towards the right for C (5 mins), D, E (10 mins) & F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the C-Gates (Schengen)
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs downwards for C (3 mins), or to the right for D, E (10 mins) & F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the D-Gates (Non-Schengen)
You should arrive on the upper level directly where you will clear passport control. If connecting, follow signs and turn left in order to clear transfer security. You will then enter the secure area and can then head for your next departure area, B (10 mins), C (5 mins), D & E (2-3 mins) or F (10-15 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the E-Gates
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs downwards for D, E (2-3 mins), onwards to C (5 mins), or to the right for F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the F-Gates
More information is needed to confirm transfer process, expect to clear passport controls and head landside before reclearing security.

How to get to & from Orly?
Orly may be slightly less convenient to access by public transport, but is closer to Paris by car.

By Public Transport:

RER B + Orlyval:
This line, which links southern Paris and northern Paris, has several central stops in the city (Gare du Nord, Chatelet, Saint Michel, Denfert etc). Take the RER B to Antony, where you will then switch to the Orlyval, which stops in front of Orly 1 and Orly 4. The price for a Paris - Orly ticket + Orlyval is 12,1€. If you have a Navigo card, the RER B leg is included but you still need to buy a 2,80€ Orlyval ticket. Count 35-40 minutes from Chatelet to Orly. If transferring from Orly to CDG (or vice versa), count 75 minutes.

Metro 7 + Tramway 7:
This takes a bit more time from central Paris, but is convenient if you are directly on the Metro 7 line or are looking to get to Orly on the cheap. Take Metro 7 to Villejuif-Louis-Aragon and then change to Tramway 7 which goes all the way to Orly Airport.

(Opens spring 24) Metro 14:
20mn from Gare de Lyon to Orly directly on a standard 1,7€ metro ticket! Line 14 will arrive directly in the Orly 1 / 2 / 3 area in front of the P3 parking, and will be the quickest way to get to Central Paris to Orly, and will allow a new option for Orly to CDG connections. Scheduled to open spring 24 before the Olympics.

Orlybus:
RATP bus line from Denfert-Rochereau to Orly. Ticket price: 8,70€ (Navigo zones 1-4 passes accepted), leaves every 10 to 15 minutes. 25 to 35 min travel time.

Le Bus Direct:
Le Bus Direct service is now permanently discontinued, victim Covid-19.

By Car:
Several car parks are available at Orly and can be pre-booked. Travel time can vary wildly from central Paris, from 30 mins to 45 mins in normal conditions, and more if congestion is very bad. Always check a map app (Google Maps, Waze) for traffic info beforehand. Most of the big rental companies have a presence at Orly 1/2 and Orly 4.

By Taxi/Uber/VTC:
A taxi stand is available in front of Orly 1, Orly 3 and Orly 4. Uber and the other ride-sharing companies offer service to and from Orly. Taxis can be pre-booked from differents providers such as G7. There is a pick-up area for Orly 1/2, Orly 2/3 and Orly 4.
Print Wikipost

"New" Orly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
My sadness about the situation you describe is bigger than my surprise.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
ORY remains a mess, Chalair is in the same situation as Amelia with regards to benefits, OLCI etc, but that is badly explained when buying a ticket on AF's website. AF could easily centralise check-in and boarding (even by bus as Goldorak mentions) in the C / D / E Gates area but visibly its easier to just create a mess and let passengers sort themselves out!

When you have to explain to people to go to Orly 3 for bag drop and then backtrack to Orly 2 I've seen quite a few get confused and try to go to Orly 3 security first only to be rebuffed...

A gates are the only that are not connected airside, as far as I remember there was talk of a project to connect it airside to all other gates but have not heard anything of it since.

At least we have a (sorry excuse of a) lounge in C-gates...
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
What is the current waiting time situation at Orly? Catching a TO (Transavia) flight from Orly. Departure Saturday 1-10 at 14:25. My schedule allows for arriving at the airport exactly 2 hours before the flight. Normally, 2 hours should be enough. But seeing the queues almost everyday at Schiphol (not in NL at that time, so that is why flying from Paris), I am wondering: Transavia offers to buy 'priority security check + boarding' for €7. Is that worth it under current conditions, for peace of mind? Or does it not really matter?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MartijnH
What is the current waiting time situation at Orly? Catching a TO (Transavia) flight from Orly. Departure Saturday 1-10 at 14:25. My schedule allows for arriving at the airport exactly 2 hours before the flight. Normally, 2 hours should be enough. But seeing the queues almost everyday at Schiphol (not in NL at that time, so that is why flying from Paris), I am wondering: Transavia offers to buy 'priority security check + boarding' for €7. Is that worth it under current conditions, for peace of mind? Or does it not really matter?
Even if ORY can be a bit messy, it is no way like current AMS and 2hrs is sufficient. Wether you need to buy the priority services for 7€ is up to you but that's certainly not a bad deal for such a cheap price.
MartijnH likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:52 pm

Would appreciate some advice about a forthcoming self-connect at ORY. Arriving from DCM, booked on AF but looks like it will be flown by Fly Amelia. Then EZY to BRS. Hand luggage only. Will we be able to stay airside off the domestic flight and avoid going back through security? "Connection" time will be 2hrs.

Having looked at today's flights, it looks like Amelia used C gates and EZY used D gates. Not sure if this is always the case and/or whether there is an airside route (I appreciate we will need to exit Schengen at some point!)
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Even if ORY can be a bit messy, it is no way like current AMS and 2hrs is sufficient. Wether you need to buy the priority services for 7€ is up to you but that's certainly not a bad deal for such a cheap price.
I'd say 2 hours before is more than enough. Orly 3 (Where TO is based) security is well filled up around the long-haul departures but nothing like AMS, I've never spent more than 15-20 mins in security at Orly 3. But for 7€ as Goldorak says its a good deal for the price and I'd buy priority to sail through and have time to grab a bite at the food court airside even if you were to arrive a bit closer to departure time.
MartijnH likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
Originally Posted by joyu12
I'd say 2 hours before is more than enough. Orly 3 (Where TO is based) security is well filled up around the long-haul departures but nothing like AMS, I've never spent more than 15-20 mins in security at Orly 3. But for 7€ as Goldorak says its a good deal for the price and I'd buy priority to sail through and have time to grab a bite at the food court airside even if you were to arrive a bit closer to departure time.
Thanks both! I realised quickly after posting this message the €7 is easily worth the peace of mind. Just in case the TGV runs a bit late, it takes a bit longer to get to the airport etc. I might not be absolutely needed because of the current queues, but indeed I will get me some rest and time for coffee.
joyu12 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: FB Gold
Already looked up some info on the AdP website, but because it tends to be notoriously not-updated.....the current way to transfer from ORY to CDG is via OrlyVal/RER B- no navette/busses between the two aéroports anymore, correct ?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mlin32
Already looked up some info on the AdP website, but because it tends to be notoriously not-updated.....the current way to transfer from ORY to CDG is via OrlyVal/RER B- no navette/busses between the two aéroports anymore, correct ?
correct
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: FB Gold
Entered Schengen for the first time yesterday at Orly, will say it was a better expérience than at Roissy.

Note that for the PARAFE, unlike at Roissy, it works still only for EU/EEA passports. Otherwise the priority queue was well-policed and very short (essentially feeds into the Diplomatic/crew queue). The new Orly 3 hall for this area is far nicer than the dungeon basement feel of PAF at Roissy.

Took all of 10mn, checked bag was already on the tapis walking downstairs from passport contrôle.

Only black point is the lack of dedicated transfer to CDG. RER B crammed and unpleasant as ever. At least I had time to grab a bite outside Gare du Nord on my way.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: AF
Thanks both! I realised quickly after posting this message the €7 is easily worth the peace of mind. Just in case the TGV runs a bit late, it takes a bit longer to get to the airport etc. I might not be absolutely needed because of the current queues, but indeed I will get me some rest and time for coffee.
Quick hack (if some interested I could make a detailed post ) when you get to ORY3 and facing the ludicrously long security lines .
To me those are the worst of all CDG/ORY current setup (not famillar with all, but out of ORY3/ORY4/CDG2E/2F/2G) with the "queue after the queue" line to get your bag picked by some algorithm, forcing you to wait for the next avail agent to open it and confirm that yes indeed your bag is featuring a battery pack which you were instructed to leave in the bag seconds later by the aforementionned agent...
Well anyway, if the line is too long or you forget to pay the 7€ toll, you can head to ORY4. Indeed, the airside of ORY4&3 are connected and boarding pass of ORY3 are validated by automated scan at ORY4 "niche" entry point, next the Carrefour Entrance. This security check is supposed to be avail for flying crew & passengers with specific needs ...and always empty when I checked them over the last 12 months. Bonus point: you get to forgo the whole shopping mall and get straight to the concourse.
Goldorak, miles4CDG and joyu12 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Heads-up if you use pre-booked taxis such as G7 or ride-hailing services, the parking lot for pre-booked rides on arrival has moved from the central area across from Orly 1/2/3 and is now located at the northern end of Orly 1, just past Orlyval. It isn't super-well signed, but if your driver is meeting you at door 22A as is usual for taxis it's just a longer walk than usual.

The central area is now being closed off for works, i guess linked to the metro extension and the new P3 parking. The new P3 parking also has a pick-up area for pre-booked rides but it seems not to be operational yet.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joyu12
Heads-up if you use pre-booked taxis such as G7 or ride-hailing services, the parking lot for pre-booked rides on arrival has moved from the central area across from Orly 1/2/3 and is now located at the northern end of Orly 1, just past Orlyval. It isn't super-well signed, but if your driver is meeting you at door 22A as is usual for taxis it's just a longer walk than usual.

The central area is now being closed off for works, i guess linked to the metro extension and the new P3 parking. The new P3 parking also has a pick-up area for pre-booked rides but it seems not to be operational yet.
The pick-up area for P3 has now opened! Choose Orly 3 (Door 22A) if arriving Orly 2 or Orly 3 and your pre-booked ride will walk you over to P3. Pre-booked rides now have a full floor to themselves and have very quick access to the A6 motorway.

You also see some markings in the P3 building for the Metro already present
Old Oct 22, 2023, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some posts have been moved to new threads in order to make discussions easier to follow:

Air France's strategic move away from Orly

Discontinued airline routes

Kind regards,

Jouy31
Air France/KLM co-moderator
orbitmic, atflyer and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.