Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joyu12
Orly FAQ - Updated May 23rd 23

This wikipost keeps track of the different changes at Orly and to provide guidance to passengers traveling through Orly.

Terminals:
Since end of March 19, the old names for the two Orly terminals (Ouest/West and Sud/South) have been changed and Orly reorganized into a single terminal with four departure areas.
They are as following:

Orly 1 (Ex Ouest Hall 1 & 2):
Orly 1 is comprised of two boarding areas and two check-in areas, which do not change from what people have seen with Halls 1 and 2. The distribution is as follows:

Boarding Area A:
Amelia, ITA, Iberia, Vueling, Air Malta, Chalair, Lufthansa
A contract lounge (accepts Priority Pass and SkyTeam credentials) is available downstairs by gates A01-A05 straight after security to the left.

Boarding Area B:
EasyJet, Air Europa, TAP

Orly 2 (Ex Ouest halls 3 & 4):
Halls 3 & 4 has been merged into a single boarding area, the C-Gates.

This boarding area is used by Air France, Air Corsica & ITA Airways. The AF Schengen lounge is located above gates C14 - C20. TAP & ITA Airways have check-in in Orly 2, Air France and Air Corsica have check-in in Orly 3.

Orly 3 (New junction building):
This building links Orly 1/2 (ex-West) and Orly 4 (ex-South). This departure area is comprised of a single check-in area and security filter, with the split between gates E (Schengen) and D (Non-Schengen) happening after security and shopping areas. All check-in ops happen in Orly 3 for Air France (Short/medium and long-haul), as well as Transavia.

Boarding Area D (Non-Schengen):
Transavia, Air France, Eastern Airways
Air France Lounge located on the floor above boarding level, accessible straight after passport control.

Boarding Area E (Schengen):
Transavia, Wizz Air

Orly 4 (ex-South):
This terminal has now become a primarily Non-Schengen terminal with the bulk of airlines operating non-schengen flights.

Boarding Area F (former A-Gates):
Royal Air Maroc, Azul Airlines, Corsair, Tunisair, TUIfly, Air Algerie, La Compagnie, Frenchbee, Air Caraibes

How do i transfer at Orly?
Due to Orly undergoing significant change with the new junction building, the transfers will become easier and finally airside connections will become possible. This section will therefore evolve as more information becomes available.

You are arriving at the A-Gates:
At the moment, only an A to A connection is possible airside. If connecting to another flight at the A-Gates, you will need to turn left and head upstairs if arriving at gates A12-A17 (this seems to be a temporary arrangement while construction is ongoing), or you will arrive directly into the gate area. If you leave from any other departure area, you must leave the secure area and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the B-Gates:
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs towards the right for C (5 mins), D, E (10 mins) & F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the C-Gates (Schengen)
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs downwards for C (3 mins), or to the right for D, E (10 mins) & F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the D-Gates (Non-Schengen)
You should arrive on the upper level directly where you will clear passport control. If connecting, follow signs and turn left in order to clear transfer security. You will then enter the secure area and can then head for your next departure area, B (10 mins), C (5 mins), D & E (2-3 mins) or F (10-15 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the E-Gates
You will arrive directly on the upper level from which you can either head down to arrivals, or follow the signs downwards for D, E (2-3 mins), onwards to C (5 mins), or to the right for F gates (15-20 mins). If connecting to a flight at the A-Gates, you must head down to arrivals, then back up to departures and re-clear security.

You are arriving at the F-Gates
More information is needed to confirm transfer process, expect to clear passport controls and head landside before reclearing security.

How to get to & from Orly?
Orly may be slightly less convenient to access by public transport, but is closer to Paris by car.

By Public Transport:

RER B + Orlyval:
This line, which links southern Paris and northern Paris, has several central stops in the city (Gare du Nord, Chatelet, Saint Michel, Denfert etc). Take the RER B to Antony, where you will then switch to the Orlyval, which stops in front of Orly 1 and Orly 4. The price for a Paris - Orly ticket + Orlyval is 12,1€. If you have a Navigo card, the RER B leg is included but you still need to buy a 2,80€ Orlyval ticket. Count 35-40 minutes from Chatelet to Orly. If transferring from Orly to CDG (or vice versa), count 75 minutes.

Metro 7 + Tramway 7:
This takes a bit more time from central Paris, but is convenient if you are directly on the Metro 7 line or are looking to get to Orly on the cheap. Take Metro 7 to Villejuif-Louis-Aragon and then change to Tramway 7 which goes all the way to Orly Airport.

(Opens spring 24) Metro 14:
20mn from Gare de Lyon to Orly directly on a standard 1,7€ metro ticket! Line 14 will arrive directly in the Orly 1 / 2 / 3 area in front of the P3 parking, and will be the quickest way to get to Central Paris to Orly, and will allow a new option for Orly to CDG connections. Scheduled to open spring 24 before the Olympics.

Orlybus:
RATP bus line from Denfert-Rochereau to Orly. Ticket price: 8,70€ (Navigo zones 1-4 passes accepted), leaves every 10 to 15 minutes. 25 to 35 min travel time.

Le Bus Direct:
Le Bus Direct service is now permanently discontinued, victim Covid-19.

By Car:
Several car parks are available at Orly and can be pre-booked. Travel time can vary wildly from central Paris, from 30 mins to 45 mins in normal conditions, and more if congestion is very bad. Always check a map app (Google Maps, Waze) for traffic info beforehand. Most of the big rental companies have a presence at Orly 1/2 and Orly 4.

By Taxi/Uber/VTC:
A taxi stand is available in front of Orly 1, Orly 3 and Orly 4. Uber and the other ride-sharing companies offer service to and from Orly. Taxis can be pre-booked from differents providers such as G7. There is a pick-up area for Orly 1/2, Orly 2/3 and Orly 4.
Print Wikipost

"New" Orly

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Official AF-UK from Schengen to Schengen is 45 minutes.

But as Goldorak points out, that only works if you walk straight from one plane to the next, without having to stop at luggage pick-up or check-in counter for your connecting flight.

And of course, if booked on a separate ticket, connection isn't gauranteed.
Its all one AF issued ticket, but the inbound flight on AF is non-Schengen; the outbound is an AF codeshare to Madrid operated by Air Europa. There was a schedule change and now I've got 55 minutes to make the connection; AF says it's fine but I'm not sure.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by glboisvert
Its all one AF issued ticket, but the inbound flight on AF is non-Schengen; the outbound is an AF codeshare to Madrid operated by Air Europa. There was a schedule change and now I've got 55 minutes to make the connection; AF says it's fine but I'm not sure.
In this case, why worry ? Because it's on one ticket, AF will protect your itinerary and get you to Madrid even if you miss the flight or there's an unexpected delay. Barring an unusually long queue at passeport contrôle it should be fine. Any checked bags might be a little tight but wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by glboisvert
Yes, this is fine.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Because I had the joy of making the correspondance between CDG and ORY on my recent flight to Corsica on Air Corsica, I will just add a note that while the XK flights check-in with the rest of the AF flights in Orly 3, the boarding gate was actually in the old Orly 2 C-gates. In my case, next to an easyJet flight departing at roughly the same time.....making for no space in the seating area

A picture of the new Orly 3 check-in area:

I didn't find the new layout too hard to navigate though (arrived via le Bus Direct).
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by mlin32
Because I had the joy of making the correspondance between CDG and ORY on my recent flight to Corsica on Air Corsica, I will just add a note that while the XK flights check-in with the rest of the AF flights in Orly 3, the boarding gate was actually in the old Orly 2 C-gates. In my case, next to an easyJet flight departing at roughly the same time.....making for no space in the seating area

A picture of the new Orly 3 check-in area:
This actually depends on your destination. Bastia is very consistently at E-gates (E12 most of the time), while Ajaccio seems to be very often at C-gates. Calvi fluctuates between B / C and E-gates depending on the operating carrier.

Orly 2 will get better as they are enlarging the space by unifying the three gate spaces (old hall 4, hall3 and the hybrid hall3/4 add-on on the right side of hall 3), and reclaiming some space from the public sector, but it is short on gates during the works...
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF has just restarted domestic services from ORY (it was limited to Corsica flights during the summer)

A few remarks :
- BOD, NTE and LYS flights have indeed been discontinued, as per previous communication (I still can't believe it about BOD ). Those destinations are still served from CDG of course.
- LRT is now in CDG (but only 1 daily flight)
- UIP was announced to be discontinued, and it is not listed above. But ADP site lists one flight apparently operated by Chalair in ATR42, code-shared with AF.
- MPL is not anymore listed as a Navette flight, but as a "regular" flight. Note that it doesn't change anything.
- JFK flight will not resume anytime soon (was supposed to re-start in september, but now postponed to October and very likely much later than that)

If I missed anything else, please let me know.

Confirmation that the 2 AF lounges are open (ORY 1B for Schengen flights and ORY 3 for non-Schengen)
Translations of an important information mentioned in this communication :
- Check-in for all AF flights is in ORY3
- non-Schengen gates for AF are in ORY3
- Schengen gates for all AF flights are in ORY1, gates B
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

In link with the information I have just posted above, I have one question for the "new ORY" experts (paging particularly #joyu12 here ):
I have a coming flight to Corsica, AF-marketed but XK-operated. My ticket says ORY3. I don't know if XK is using gates in ORY3 or 1, but even if 3, can I go airside to AF lounge in ORY1B ?
Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
CDG last night, both lounges in 2F were open (this was around 9pm).
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
In link with the information I have just posted above, I have one question for the "new ORY" experts (paging particularly #joyu12 here ):
I have a coming flight to Corsica, AF-marketed but XK-operated. My ticket says ORY3. I don't know if XK is using gates in ORY3 or 1, but even if 3, can I go airside to AF lounge in ORY1B ?
Thanks
Answering my own question, if it can be useful for someone. XK ckeck-in is on ORY3 (same for AF during Covid). Most XK flights depart from E gates (Schengen gates of ORY3), but a few départ sometimes from B gates (ORY1 where AF has its Schengen lounge).
My flight was departing from an E gate, so no lounge (and this is what the Ulti TA told me). But in fact, as soon as you have passed security in ORY3, there is a stair going up with a sign indicating « to A and B gates«. I did half of te walk to see but I didn’t go until the end as I would have spent max 5 min in the lounge (as I was not expecting to have lounge access, I arrived at the airport with not much time before boarding). But it is clearly possible to go airside from ORY3 to B gates and have AF lounge access.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Exclamation

I have just posted some information about reduced operations at CDG in the other sticky thread. As for CDG, with the super low traffic due to the return of lockdowns in most European countries, ORY halls 1, 2 and 4 will close next week. All ORY operations will be concentrated in Hall 3 which is both Schengen and non-Schengen.
An immediate consequence for AF pax travelling Schengen : no more AF lounge accessible, as it is in Hall 1.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Now that Le Bus Direct is gone, what is the easiest way to transfer ORY>CDG? I assume OrlyVal and RER B?

How long a transfer should I count with, bags and no bags? (so pickup + check in again vs. off and out and straight to security on the other side)
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Now that Le Bus Direct is gone, what is the easiest way to transfer ORY>CDG? I assume OrlyVal and RER B?

How long a transfer should I count with, bags and no bags? (so pickup + check in again vs. off and out and straight to security on the other side)
Yes, or a taxi.
You need to schedule a 3 to 4 hrs connection.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
Hi all,

I have modified the wiki to reflect the move of AF short & medium haul from B-gates (old Hall 2) to C-gates (old Hall 3 & Hall 4), the consolidation of AF checkin to area 34 in Orly 3, and the move of the AF lounge from Hall 2 to take the place of the old AF Hall 3 lounge (The temporary lounge above C12 is now closed).

Ill post some photos of the new lounge when I can
San Gottardo and Goldorak like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by joyu12
Hi all,

I have modified the wiki to reflect the move of AF short & medium haul from B-gates (old Hall 2) to C-gates (old Hall 3 & Hall 4), the consolidation of AF checkin to area 34 in Orly 3, and the move of the AF lounge from Hall 2 to take the place of the old AF Hall 3 lounge (The temporary lounge above C12 is now closed).

i was there last week but I have not taken any picture of the « new » lounge except this one with the view from the small ULTI area

Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by joyu12
Hi all,

i was there last week but I have not taken any picture of the « new » lounge except this one with the view from the small ULTI area

joyu12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.