La Premičre codeshare flight number?

Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:51 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
La Premičre codeshare flight number?

I'd like to try La Premičre, preferably on LHR-Asia-LHR to make a short holiday. Since tickets with AF flight numbers give revenue based FB Miles and are a pittance is it possible to book a flight with SkyTeam codeshare flight numbers so that Miles are earned from the distance & bonuses, and would be higher? Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Not to Asia. Try instead for North America.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not to Asia. Try instead for North America.
But, be careful because F for intercontinental flights is not listed as an earning fare on DL with FB. This was discussed recently in another thread but I cannot find it at the moment.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I found the thread where this was discussed :
Flying Blue FAQ
from posts #993 to 998 and then go to page 69, post #1026 to have the favorable resolution (but the poster had obviously to "fight" with FB to have the flight credited), so think twice about doing it.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But, be careful because F for intercontinental flights is not listed as an earning fare on DL with FB. This was discussed recently in another thread but I cannot find it at the moment.
Indeed, Delta does not operate F on longhaul flights, and the earning table makes specific reference to Delta cabins, so it clearly has been prepared only with DL-operated flights in mind.

However, I really don't think that a DL-coded longhaul La Premičre flight operated by Air France would NOT earn miles in Flying Blue. Has someone claimed to have flown such a ticket and not earned?

Perhaps siw will be good enough to let us know after her/his brief vacation

(For what it's worth, wheretocredit.com suggests the above itinerary would yield 12,016 miles each way)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

(For what it's worth, wheretocredit.com suggests the above itinerary would yield 12,016 miles each way)
End 2017 (FB old rules, AF-coded, platinum), a LHR-CDG-HKG and return gave me a total of 39,558 status miles:
LHR-CDG (J) : 1,875 miles
CDG-HKG (F) : 17,904
HKG-CDG (F) : 17,904
CDG-LHR (J) : 1,875
You need to add to those the Class bonus.

I think the cost of this ticket was about 4K. So, applying new rules for a platinum member, I would have earned 32 K award miles. For Explorer, Silver or Gold members, the difference between old and new rules would be much higher of course.
delanotre likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Dec 2, 2018 at 6:41 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:45 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I found the thread where this was discussed :
Flying Blue FAQ
from posts #993 to 998 and then go to page 69, post #1026 to have the favorable resolution (but the poster had obviously to "fight" with FB to have the flight credited), so think twice about doing it.
yes that was me. I will not book the DL-codeshare again (for La Premiere flights) unless there is no other way to do so or they clearly update the earnings table.
In the end, FB credited miles based on EUR-spent for the AF-flight code and not based on fare class and distance as it would be for DL-codeshares (probably technically they were only able to use AF82 and not the DL-code to do so)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:31 am
siw
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

I've now found that www.flightstats.com shows codeshare flight numbers, whether they can be booked is another matter though. I don't have any interest in visiting the US for a short holiday but thanks for the DL example.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gkl
yes that was me. I will not book the DL-codeshare again (for La Premiere flights) unless there is no other way to do so or they clearly update the earnings table.
In the end, FB credited miles based on EUR-spent for the AF-flight code and not based on fare class and distance as it would be for DL-codeshares (probably technically they were only able to use AF82 and not the DL-code to do so)
Did you get XPs?

If so, were they the same that you would have expected when booking under all AF codes?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:26 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Did you get XPs?

If so, were they the same that you would have expected when booking under all AF codes?
yes XP and miles as I would expect under AF codes.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:23 am
siw
Original Poster

I had a message from AF/KL today saying that La Premiere and Premium Economy classes cannot be booked on codeshare flight numbers. Only Business and Economy class be be booked. So that entails the pitiful revenue based Miles amount.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The current (2020) FlyingBlue earnings chart for DL flights now shows mileage for F fares on long haul international at 300% so it appears now possible to earn significant mileage if these can be booked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.