Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 new economy / premium economy seats ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB platinum
A330 new economy / premium economy seats ?

Just received the following from an AF newsletter:

Does anyone have some more information about their plans for Y and W seats on the A330? I thought eco would be what we already knew on the B777/B789.

Also, it's a bit weird that they do not plan to showcase the new J seat...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lynxy
Does anyone have some more information about their plans for Y and W seats on the A330? I thought eco would be what we already knew on the B777/B789.
For W, it was already said here several months ago that it would be the same as B787. For Y, I don’t know but certainly not the same as B777 as they are already « old ». But it could be same as B787.

I thought the same.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Many

Not sure that is good news...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I’m just up the street - I’ll try to pop in tomorrow after work to see what they have.
MorganB likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus

Sadly, for their W cabin, they chose to keep the fixed-shell seat that they use on the B777's/B787's, with a 19" width (48.3 cm) and 40.2" pitch between rows (102.0 cm). They announce an enhanced lumbar support, better adapted to the variety of morphologies of their PAXs. The seat is advertised to have a 130° "recline", with more resilient foams and wider leather armrests. It also features additional stowing space, a footrest and a 13.3" high-res screen. Refurbishing of the A330 W cabin comes with a few extra goodies. PAXs will be given an oshi-bori upon boarding, a down pillow, and a newly designed blanket and amenity kit. Champagne is announced to be served in a new (plastic?) glass, but it looks like the new tableware will remain disposable and made of (environment unfriendly) plastic (a requirement of the flight attendants), when a number of other airlines (e.g., DL) have moved to real silverware and ceramic/porcelain plates/cups/bowls. I am also under the impression that the entree will remain that of Y.

It will be unveiled in roughly a month from now, insofar as I understand it.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Stopped by BHV tonight.
Kiosk at the store entry on the corner of Rivoli & Temple where you could enter a contest to win 2 premium economy tickets.
In the back part of the main floor the had some premium economy and economy seats to try out. Air France cabin crew employees were there to answer questions and give out items (I got a shopping bag).

Premium economy seat felt ok, but I can’t compare it to the others as on AF long haul, I’ve only ever flown in business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.