Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG PARAFE E-gates for US Passport holders?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
US only or also Canadian passport?
USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea and Singapore.

Last edited by Nayef; Jun 10, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
27 pays de l’UE,
l'
Australie,
Corée du Sud,
Canada,
Etats-Unis,
l
’Islande,
Japon,
Liechtenstein,
Nouvelle-Zélande,
Norvčge,
Royaume-Uni (depuis Brexit, I think this might no longer be possible. Didn't work for my wife in March) ,
Suisse,
Singapour
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:20 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Update from June 7th: The PARAFE gates for 2E->2F transfers were completely closed and fenced off. I don't think I saw any signage either indicating non-EU/EEA/CH passports are eligible.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by zmb
Update from June 7th: The PARAFE gates for 2E->2F transfers were completely closed and fenced off. I don't think I saw any signage either indicating non-EU/EEA/CH passports are eligible.
Welcome in France where even robots are on strike
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:58 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Coder33
Welcome in France where even robots are on strike
From passing through them in AMS, they do take two officers to operate; one is supervising the area and another providing passport stamps. Passenger volume was so low between 8-9 AM that there was no priority queue and all passports joined the same queue. It makes since they would only be open during period of high-demand.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Arrived at 2E yesterday morning around 7AM, the lines were deep. There were two lines for PARAFE: on the right was EU/EEA/CH and on left was Australia, US, Canada, etc.

I went straight to the Acces No 1/SkyPriority line after showing my boarding pass to the staff, thinking it was faster than other lines; it was not. Waved my US passport, and the staff let me line up for the e-Gates. Surprised to say that it was much emptier than the EU and Acces No 1 lines.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:55 am

I see reports from the summer of people passing through PARAFE with US passports - did you guys get stamped in? Was it possible on both entry or exit or just one way? Is there a pair of stamps just fine, any issues? Would love some data points!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: FB Gold
Regardless of whether or not you use PARAFE, non EU passport holders get entry and exit stamps. My understanding is that contrary to EU passport holders, the machine directs non-EU passports to a booth after the automatic processing. There is a separate agent that does the stamping.
Barciur likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've always got stamped while using the egates at CDG and FRA.
Barciur likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Does CDG has a fastrack for AF Business Class passengers?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Does CDG has a fastrack for AF Business Class passengers?
yes
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
From recent anecdotes from friends, it doesn't seem like PARAFE is operational all the time, so there could be times (maybe when it's slow) when they're not in operation and cannot be used.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by Barciur
I see reports from the summer of people passing through PARAFE with US passports - did you guys get stamped in? Was it possible on both entry or exit or just one way? Is there a pair of stamps just fine, any issues? Would love some data points!
These new egates are not PARAFE, they are the new European egates EES(entry and exit system.) They have been on a test system for some number of months. The purpose is to better count days of entry and exit of tourists for the 90 day stay rule. They are "offical" May of 2023 I believe. Those with European residency cards should NOT use them as they will start a count and could block you after the rules apply for tourists...causing you significant delays at border control. For tourists they are great for now...faster and no stamps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.