Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG PARAFE E-gates for US Passport holders?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I am guessing they have not yet updated the English translation on the website. When you click the EN option on the same page it says PARAFE is just for EU passports. Looking forward to seeing how this works for US passport holders. Thanks all for the info.

Old May 24, 2022, 1:14 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Nayef
Perhaps because US (and other passports for nationalities that don’t have the right of abode in Schengen) need to be stamped out and maybe asked a few questions? My understanding is that you have to be stamped in even after going through egates in France, Italy and Germany.
It's the reverse in AMS, at least from my one experience last week. US and other non-EU/EEA passports could only use the eGates on departure and not on arrival. When I have entered the Schengen Area during COVID, I have been asked for my final destination, so maybe that's why arrival use is not allowed?

At AMS, there was one border officer after the gates to provide exit stamps. They appreciate it if you have your passport opened to the page with your entrance stamp.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: FB Gold
Surprisingly on a Schengen flight from FRA, we went thru passport contrôle at MRS.

Tried to use my US passport at the PARAFE, and it was refusé.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nayef
Perhaps because US (and other passports for nationalities that don’t have the right of abode in Schengen) need to be stamped out and maybe asked a few questions? My understanding is that you have to be stamped in even after going through egates in France, Italy and Germany.
I have a US passport and registered for Germany’s EasyPass which allows me to use the egates and I still get stamped as there is an immigration officer just past the gate.

I’ll be flying back to the US from CDG and would like to give it a try. Are the PARAFE gates specifically labeled PARAFE? Or would an egate work?
Old May 27, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
I have a US passport and registered for Germany’s EasyPass which allows me to use the egates and I still get stamped as there is an immigration officer just past the gate.

I’ll be flying back to the US from CDG and would like to give it a try. Are the PARAFE gates specifically labeled PARAFE? Or would an egate work?
I haven’t been through a French airport before so I wouldn’t know. Perhaps some of the other members could shed light on that.

Though I have a bit of an OT question for you. I know when registering for Germany’s EasyPass, they ask how many times you’ve been to Germany or something of the sort. Is that something they’re strict about? Would I have to fly into Germany or transit through it a lot in order to get registered for it? And does the offer just stamp you in and then you go through without asking you about the purpose of your trip and length of stay and all that?
Old May 27, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: FB Gold
PARAFE is the french acronym for eGates.....

Passage automatisé rapide aux frontičres extérieures.

I'm surprised anyone bothers to use the German system (I didn't bother) cuz you still have to see an agent and get the entry stamp anyway, sort of defeating the purpose.

(Plus I exit l'espace Schengen in France or AMS anyway).
Old May 27, 2022, 3:41 pm

From Wikipedia:

Old May 27, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by mlin32
PARAFE is the french acronym for eGates.....

Passage automatisé rapide aux frontičres extérieures.

I'm surprised anyone bothers to use the German system (I didn't bother) cuz you still have to see an agent and get the entry stamp anyway, sort of defeating the purpose.

(Plus I exit l'espace Schengen in France or AMS anyway).
Does PARAFE not require entry/exit stamps for non-EU/Schengen passports?
Old May 31, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can confirm that US passport holders can use the egates in 2A. The queue minders were directing us to the egates but I chose to use the #1 access line as there was no wait.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:08 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
I can confirm that US passport holders can use the egates in 2A. The queue minders were directing us to the egates but I chose to use the #1 access line as there was no wait.
On entry or exit?

Is there a list of eGate locations in CDG? I'm doing a 2E to 2F transfer next week and also have SkyPriority.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Last time I flew to CDG (November 2021 - Arrival area was a madness and took 3 hours to clear immigration), an ADP agent was yelling through the line that US passport holders could use PARAFE, but this was after they made sure EU+EEA went first.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zmb
On entry or exit?

Is there a list of eGate locations in CDG? I'm doing a 2E to 2F transfer next week and also have SkyPriority.
Exit, forgot to look on entry
Old May 31, 2022, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zmb
There is no e-gates for this transfer.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I did the 2E to 2G transfer in May and I saw e-gates for going from 2E to 2F (and thus also to 2G). But there was no line to speak to a human so I didn't bother to try to do PARAFE. There was a minder who directed one person to use the e-gates so I assume that person was not French.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
US only or also Canadian passport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.