Wiki Posts
Search

No iPad use during taxiing?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
No iPad use during taxiing?

AF flight this morning where they asked me to stow away iPad, its being not allowed during taxi and takeoff.

I dont argue with the rule as such and did what they asked me to do. But I am surprised, as this is the first time that I am being asked on an AF (or any other airline that I use) to not use a tablet during taxiing. Just yesterday on two AF flights it was not a problem. Its the inconsistency that strikes me.

What is the rule really? Is this crew over-zealous or are all the other ones too lax?

EDIT: just checked on the AF site, but the page with the details was not available https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/commo..._airfrance.htm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Never had that on hundreds of AF flights. No such policy of course on AF. Could it be that it was a summer extra PNC (trainee) ? I mean one not wearing the red safety badge. Not an excuse of course, but if the case it could be that the person misinterpreted what was explained to her during the training.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum
They frequently annouce this on KLM flights, telephones are OK to use - not PCs or Pads.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I dont argue with the rule as such and did what they asked me to do.
This is correct. You should just comply with any directions given. Life's too short to second guess or even worry about these kind of things!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.