Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival situation at 2E

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Question Arrival situation at 2E

Hi everyone.

I have not arrived at 2E for ages and would appreciate your comments.

Am looking at arriving at 16:45 on 15 August from SGN with AF, connecting to TGV at 18:47. Have access to priority lane.

Given the horror stories I have read here, I am questioning the wisdom of this choice.

Based on your recent experience, what do you think?

Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrived from the US at 16.25 on a Wednesday in May. Connecting flight was out of 2F at 19.05. I had SkyPriority access. I was in the 2F lounge by 17.15. Most of that time was spent disembarking and walking between terminals. Passport control and security were a couple of minutes each.
YMMV, of course.
Edit to add - I've heard people saying the contrary, but to me the signage is perfectly easy to follow.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Hi everyone.

I have not arrived at 2E for ages and would appreciate your comments.

Am looking at arriving at 16:45 on 15 August from SGN with AF, connecting to TGV at 18:47. Have access to priority lane.

Given the horror stories I have read here, I am questioning the wisdom of this choice.

Based on your recent experience, what do you think?

Thank you!
no problem. At that time, immigration is not crowded.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thank you to both of you. This is good news.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:00 am

Slightly OT and possibly already reported here but 2F arrivals were conveyed downstairs for passport control yesterday (it was quite a zoo and people did not have a clue of what was going on...).

G
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Slightly OT and possibly already reported here but 2F arrivals were conveyed downstairs for passport control yesterday (it was quite a zoo and people did not have a clue of what was going on...).

G
it happens from time to time (I don't know on which basis). I had this in April on a flight coming back from Berlin...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:19 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The OP has asked for an answer about current experience on border crossing upon arrival in 2E. The question has been answered and part of the discussion has moved to the reasoning, or lack thereof, behind the French policy for borderchecks. These posts have been moved to a separate thread:

Reasoning behind French border security checks

There is a specific FlyerTalk forum for the topic and the discussion on the merits of the policy should be moved to that forum.

Jouy31
Air France/KLM co-moderator

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 21, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At shortly after 7 am this weekend, it was very . good for SkyPriority folks, assuming that knew to look for the Acces No. 1 passport control line. I think I only waited for one family to clear immigration, as a nonEU passport holder.

Baggage delivery was very slow.

The AF arrivals lounge was also pretty good, with every shower clean and empty when I arrived. At no time did I observe a shortage of seats.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This Sunday, arriving from ICN at 2:00 PM, it took me about 3mn for the passport check, using the Accès No. 1 lane. My baggage was among the last to come out, but this was probably due to a short(ened) connection from PUS, down from 55mn to 35mn.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to getting through the airport, there's also the issue of getting to and from the airport. While the earlier AF strikes are apparently largely over for now, railroad strikes continue. For this week, that is expected to be Tuesday and Wednesday. This affects the RER lines too, although apparently not the Eurostar. Roissey Bus and Le Bus Direct seem to be running normally.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: FB Plat
Just arrived at 2E from the US around 8:00 AM : regular lines for passport check are really long. Skypriority line is obviously shorter, but nobody inside was using the PARAFE machines... Took me a minute to clear security using them, instead of queuing for a manual control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.