Search

Best - A380-800 Business class seat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Best - A380-800 Business class seat

Dear all,
I have never taken an Airbus A380-800 in my life nor in Business class. I have uncountable amount of experience in A320's and B737s. I was wondering if anyone could suggest which seat I should pick for the ultimate experience. Currently I am seating on the second floor first row on the opposite of the toilets. Any idea?

Thanks,

SB
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The 2 bulkhead rows (60 and 65) are the best. And between those two, pick 60 if you can, because you are served first. In the large second J cabin, they start service from the back, so 65 is served last.
Cupart and LOSTINHNL like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Do you need to fly the A380? To be honest, Air France's business class seats on the A380 are pretty crappy. If you can get a route with a 777 that has the BEST seats those are a massive improvement over the A380.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I have never flown A380, and have taken the B777 multiples in my life. Rather stick to A380. I got seat 60L. Thanks for the help!

SB
af fp and Goldorak like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by strikerbird
I have never flown A380, and have taken the B777 multiples in my life. Rather stick to A380. I got seat 60L. Thanks for the help!

SB
Plenty of options to fly on A380.

I'd go for the better seat if possible.

But in the end it's your ... in the seat, so it's up to you.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:03 pm

In my view even if the 380 seat is inferior it is still totally fine. Most people manage to sleep anyway even if it is not flat. Enjoy the trip, it is a great aircraft, quiet, comfortable and impressive. Tell the crew you are excited to fly it for the first time, I am sure they will take good care of you.
Goldorak and thibderoc like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Flying Business, I would personally avoid the A380. For Premium or Economy, it is completely fine, but the Business Class seat on the A380 is to my point unacceptable in a major carrier in 2018.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by af fp
In my view even if the 380 seat is inferior it is still totally fine. Most people manage to sleep anyway even if it is not flat. Enjoy the trip, it is a great aircraft, quiet, comfortable and impressive. Tell the crew you are excited to fly it for the first time, I am sure they will take good care of you.
I totally agree on it. I think the A380/B77W/A343/A332/A333 with the old NEV configuration are a great business class en truly enjoy flying them. Also, they are equal to KL new world business class in their B744, B77W and B772.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'm wondering what the opinion is of the AF seat for a day flight? I generally prefer longer periods in the last flat before my domestic connection (CDG-LAX-PHX) but could fly CDG-DTW-PHX (with the domestic flight being 3 hours in a recliner Delta F seat instead of an hour in one).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
I'm wondering what the opinion is of the AF seat for a day flight? I generally prefer longer periods in the last flat before my domestic connection (CDG-LAX-PHX) but could fly CDG-DTW-PHX (with the domestic flight being 3 hours in a recliner Delta F seat instead of an hour in one).
Id definately would go for the LAX option. I don’t see the benefit of DTW. The A380 is majestic to fly with and the NEV4 seats are very comfortable.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gig103
Originally Posted by BobTL

Id definately would go for the LAX option. I don’t see the benefit of DTW. The A380 is majestic to fly with and the NEV4 seats are very comfortable.
To DTW, with AF, you have the B787 with the BEST seat which is way better than what you can have in the A380 (NEV 3 or 4). But the perspective of having a 3hrs domestic flight is not very appealing and I would go for the LAX option too.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

To DTW, with AF, you have the B787 with the BEST seat which is way better than what you can have in the A380 (NEV 3 or 4). But the perspective of having a 3hrs domestic flight is not very appealing and I would go for the LAX option too.
Ah really ? I thought it was stil the A340. But yes the B787 is also very nice. Agree with you that the benefit of the B787 doesn’t add up to the 3 hours in DL F.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thanks, BobTL and Golorak. I've flown with the "BEST" seats (I think, 777-200 DTW-CDG) and it was a very good seat - I'd say nicer than Delta's A330 since there was the little cubby for storage and a newer IFE. But I am glad to hear that the A380 isn't uncomfortable for a day flight. I'm with my wife on this trip so the 2-2-2 configuration isn't a concern of ours either.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by BobTL
Ah really ? I thought it was stil the A340. But yes the B787 is also very nice. Agree with you that the benefit of the B787 doesn’t add up to the 3 hours in DL F.
The 787 was and is very present on this route, and is still there in November (I have a booking on this route in November). But you are right, better to check if one of the rare left A340 is not around. They are all going to Joon, but it’s better to watch out
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm trying to book either ATL-CDG (AF A380) or CLT-CDG (AA A330) in J for myself and 75 year old father. Surprise trip in April. He prefers (and always flies) Delta but that would put us on the A380. Would AA A330 be dramatically better? I have a hate-on for AA at the moment but would suck it up for dad if I must. I just don't really know how bad the AF A380 is (I mean pics say pretty bad w/ old format).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.