Wiki Posts
Search

Air France strike and EU261 compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sinus
@SteveCanary thank you so much! I have submitted the claim and awaiting reply now.
Good luck.

Not many examples of DGAC actions on FT.
My guess is that they will contact AF and that AF will give them the same response that you received. They might claim that German courts take precedence.
I wonder what happens when two countries have jurisdiction and rulings in one country is clear (even if subsequent ECJ decisions might affect it).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Good luck.

Not many examples of DGAC actions on FT.
My guess is that they will contact AF and that AF will give them the same response that you received. They might claim that German courts take precedence.
I wonder what happens when two countries have jurisdiction and rulings in one country is clear (even if subsequent ECJ decisions might affect it).
Since this is an issue of internrpetation of EU Law, the CJEU caselaw would take priority anyway so the next time a German court deals with the issue, it would have to follow the caselaw of the CJEU.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:48 pm
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
A positive outcome today: email from AF confirming that they will pay €400 compensation for cancelling my flight due to strikes on 4 May. No suggestion that the strike should mean that EC261 doesn’t apply. A quote from the email:

“Several unions representing Air France staff called for industrial action on 04th May and this caused unavoidable flight delays and cancellations. This is a situation where we are pleased to offer you compensation for the flight cancelled”

I’m UK resident and the cancellation was Bulgaria to France, for those looking for patterns in what is and isn’t paid.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PZE
A positive outcome today: email from AF confirming that they will pay €400 compensation for cancelling my flight due to strikes on 4 May. No suggestion that the strike should mean that EC261 doesn’t apply. A quote from the email:

“Several unions representing Air France staff called for industrial action on 04th May and this caused unavoidable flight delays and cancellations. This is a situation where we are pleased to offer you compensation for the flight cancelled”

I’m UK resident and the cancellation was Bulgaria to France, for those looking for patterns in what is and isn’t paid.
A good outcome. I wasn't expecting it, but it's good to hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.